Are chocolate gifts dated and old-fashioned?

With Valentine's Day just a week away, have you got the perfect gift for your loved ones? We don't celebrate this day, so I am saved from the headache of buying the perfect gift, or rather the "correct" gift. Do you think chocolate gifts are dated? Uncreative? Old-fashioned? Personally, I think flowers are worse. I said "personally". So, it really depends on the receiver. Some of them love flowers while I prefer (dark) chocolates. I will not say "no".

I like that you can hand-pick your own chocolates as a custom gift : a custom boxed chocolates from See's Candies. If you are looking for Valentine's Day Gifts, you can check out See's Candies. They have a variety of gift ideas to cater for the big-hearted (e.g. 2lbs worth of chocolate in the Red Signature Heart or up to 3lbs of Nuts and Chews) and the petite, dainty (e.g. 4 oz. Heart with Assorted Chocolates or 3 oz. Peanut Butter Heart). Though I don't celebrate Valentine's Day, I have a few birthdays of family and friends coming up in the next few months. See's Candies might be one way out since it is easy to shop by holiday, occasion, category and by price.