Blueberry Granita

If I keep having salads and quinoa salads, I don't think I will ever use my Ninja Master Prep Professional Blender, Chopper and Ice Crusher More Powerful & 2x Faster this summer. So my Ninja should be given some airtime. A tweak from the usual watermelon granita is this blueberry granita making use of the frozen blueberries that is already in my freezer. It's all about deconstructing and constructing.


Blueberry Granita
Add some frozen blueberries, 1tsp wild flower honey, 2 tsp lemon juice, 3-4tbsp water into blender and blend/crush till fine/smooth. Add the mixture to a shallow glass baking dish and freeze for at least 24 hrs.

To serve, scrape with a fork and spoon the blueberry granita into a petite bowl or serving glass.

Since I do not have an ice-cream maker to make blueberry ice-cream, I will make do with this cold icy treat in the meantime.

What's your favorite ice-cream flavor? 

Or maybe I should get a Cuisinart Supreme Ice Cream Maker with this deal: Get a $25 gift card with purchase of Cuisinart Stainless Steel Ice Cream Maker at Williams-Sonoma!

It's time to shop! Save up to 50% at the Williams-Sonoma Annual Sale! Limited time only!
Save on select items at the Williams-Sonoma sale!

Tag: , ,


An Escape to Food on Facebook