A pumpkin or butternut squash dish that calls fall! Thanks to Ivy of Kopiaste for this Savory Corn Crumble with Butternut Squash, Spinach and Feta recipe.
Savory Corn Crumble with Butternut Squash, Spinach and Feta, recipe by Ivy Liacopoulou of Kopiaste…to Greek Hospitality
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Baking time: 1 hour
Serves: 1 baking dish (about 12 pieces)
- 2 lbs butternut Squash, grated
- 1 lbs spinach, squeezed
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 lbs feta, crumbled
- ½ cup parsley, finely chopped
- ½ cup fennel fronds, finely chopped
- Salt (with caution) and freshly grated black pepper
- A pinch of cumin
- 1.5 lbs corn meal
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 200 ml Greek yogurt 2%
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbsp salt
- 3 tbsp margarine divided (to grease the baking tin and to add on top)
- Grate the pumpkin and mix all the filling ingredients.
- In a large bowl add the crumble ingredients and mix using your hand until the ingredients are well blended to form the crumble. If you still see corn meal, add more olive oil, if necessary.
- Grease a 35 x 25 cm baking tin with 2 tbsp margarine. Add half of the crumble on the baking tin.
- Add the filling on top and sprinkle the remaining crumble on top of the filling.
- Add the remaining margarine in small pieces scattered all over the baking tin.
- Preheat oven to 180o C / 350o F and bake for about 1 hour or until the crumble is golden on top.
Don't forget to try thisSavory Corn Crumble with Butternut Squash, Spinach and Feta from Ivy of Kopiaste
This sponsorship is brought to you by GLAM Media who we have partnered with for this promotion.