Thyme Mushrooms with Cheese 百里香奶酪蘑菇

What do you see in this dish?

A side-component to a Western-style dinner paired with a roast chicken entree?


How about Burger King's Swiss Mushrooms Burger? That was my favorite burger in Burger King when I was much younger.



I made this as a filling to my vegetarian wrap that also included egg-veggie scramble, lettuce and heirloom tomatoes. I love the wrap AND the mushrooms filling that was cooked to full flavors with green onions and thyme.

This is a very easy way of cooking mushrooms - that is why I put this together quickly using whatever ingredients I had on hand. Melting sliced cheese on top is because I wanted a slice of cheese in my wrap anyway, so why not melt it on top of the mushrooms.


Thyme Mushrooms with Cheese 百里香奶酪蘑菇
Ingredients:
1 tsp organic canola oil
2tsp extra virgin coconut oil , in place of butter
3 bunches of green onions finely chopped
6-7oz crimini mushrooms
1-2tbsp white wine or i use 1tbsp of sake as alternative
1tbsp freshly chopped thyme
salt, black pepper
1 sliced Swiss cheese




Directions: Saute the green onions in canola oil till fragrant. Add in mushrooms and fry for 1 min, then lower the heat to low-medium, add in 1tsp of coconut oil, then cover pot to cook the mushrooms down. After about 10 minutes or more, the mushrooms have softened, add in wine to de-glaze, 1/2 of the thyme, another 1 tsp of coconut oil for finish touch (nutty fragrance), pinch of salt and pepper, lay slice of cheese, cover pot to have the cheese melts. Turn off heat. 1tsp thyme.


Sharing with Hearth and Soul

Tag:

An Escape to Food on Facebook