Wishful thinking!
It's onion omelette. May not be a favourite of mine but think my husband will like it. The eggs have been sitting in the refrigerator for about 2-3 months (it's that long!) and I need to get them out of their comfort zone before they start to get too comfortable and begin to "rot" (does it ring a bell where you usually hear this?)
Brown or yellow onions are milder and sweeter and work well in large quantities. They are often used in omelettes to take advatange of their crunch and sweetness.
Red onions are more pungent, with a more intense flavour. They work better in spice pastes and when you are looking for stronger flavours to perk up a bland dish.
Brown or red onions, they will ALL make you cry !
Tag: onion, eggs, omelette
Uh oh. I think you are not supposed to keep eggs for so long! There should be a use-by date on your egg carton ya?
ReplyDeleteThe picture DOES look like fried carrot cake. Drooooool.
Ya, I know. But I hate to see those eggs go into the garbage bin.
ReplyDeleteOk, chef sim, your next "creative" experiment is to make/cook the REAL fried carrot cake, post in your blog and benefit people like me...hahahahahah
*glurp*
ReplyDeleteYou find me chai po first :) Carrot cake got chai po right?
Ya, think carrot cake got chai po. OK, you said it, if I manage to find you chai po, you better get ready! kekekekeke ;p
ReplyDelete