Three cups chicken

I pondered why it was named Sanbei ji (Three Cups Chicken)...then I realized the recipe called for 1 cup of Shaoxing wine, 1 cup of soya sauce, and 1 cup of sesame oil, so it's 3 cups !!!


Three cups chicken , Sanbei ji
Ingredients:
-2lbs chicken thigh (you can use chicken breasts or leg fillets), cut to bite-size pieces
-1 cup or 6 soup spoons Chinese Shaoxing wine
-1 small cup or 4 soup spoons soya sauce
-1 samll cup or 3 soup spoons sesame oil
-4tsp minced ginger (you can use sliced ginger as well)
-Chopped spring onions or scallions, to garnish

Method:
1.Heat up sesame oil in wok or pan
2.Add chicken pieces, sear the chicken to brown on all sides
3.Add ginger, followed by soya sauce. Turn down heat to simmer 5 minutes
4.Turn heat up again when sauce is bubbling, add the Chinese wine (when adding wine, do nto drizzle directly on the cooking chicken; instead slowly pour wine
on the sides of the pan, allowing the heated metal to evaporate the alcohol content; this way, only the fragrance of the wine is retained)
5.Cook till chicken is done and sauce has reduced
6.Garnish with scallions, serve with hot rice

Tag: , , ,

2 comments:

  1. ohh..now I oledi know how is name come from..haha
    I think using ceramic pot to cook this Sanbei ji must be very yummy...will try it later..:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, think you are new to my blog, how shd I address u?
    Welcome! If you have tried using ceramic pot and it turns out yum yum, let me know ! :) I wonder if the shaoxing wine would have all evaporated, slow-cooking in the ceramic pot.

    Good to know you via cyberspace !

    ReplyDelete