Daphnes going greek, so am I - Best fried calamari ever

They have the best fried calamari I have eaten in my life! No exaggeration!

Not too chewy, tasted real fresh and just lightly battered. Calamarilicious...(I can't describe much more, due to my limited vocabulary)

What else we ate...some kebab etc. I can't remember! Can only remember the calamari.

Daphnes Greek Cafe
Several locations
Peep their menu
Price: $$
Taste index:

Tag: , , ,

12 comments:

  1. I like calamari. Last night just had Salt & Pepper Calamari with my son at the HK restaurant near my house. Delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ECL, at the HK Chun Kee arh? I just been there once trying their sang yu hor fun and the bee hoon soup. What else nice there?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wah... what a feast. BTW, there is an Indian restaurant in Town and Country, Sunnyvale (near the Sushi Maru Jap restaurant I frequent). They serve lunch buffet @ $8.99. Taste is quite good. Very worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Daphnes!! I used to go there for lunch almost every day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. simcooks, after you said, i went to try it today :D ...not bad...the lamb curry, dhal curry, and the cauliflower curry, and the briyani...
    ate a lot (as usual...)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ray, I've just been there once, but I will go back again. The pita bread is warm and nice too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The greek salad looks delicious! I love greek salads! Hmm!! Why is your fried calamari long instead of round? Are you sure it's calamari? Maybe it's something else altogether. LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ming merciless, no mistake! I was puzzled too, coz my idea of calamari is always the ring-form.
    Probably they cut it a different way.;p
    You make me want to confirm what I ate...(excuse to go there again and order the same dish!) ...hahahha

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi there, I tried to do calamari at home over the weekend but it went horribly wrong. The batter was soggy and the calamari was as tough as elastic band. Maybe I should try to do it with the Japanese batter next time. Your picture looks good though :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. las montanas, if it's really 3.32am MY time here, i would really be worried if I'm hungry, coz there's no such thing as 24hr kopitiam to have that bowl of wonton noodles for example. ;p

    ReplyDelete
  11. hedgehog,the Japanese batter sounds like a good idea. Then you will have Tempura Calamari :D

    ReplyDelete