Duarte Tavern - Fresh Ingredients, Best Artichoke Soup!

Family Run, Fresh Ingredients. Twice when we were near Pescadero (for the redwoods, and to see the elephant seals), we had lunch at Duartes Tavern. There are not many places to eat near that area. Yes...but that's only the partial reason. The food is really good and they use mainly fresh and local ingredients.

We love the cream of artichoke soup.


Pulled pork dip sandwich-not in their menu. It was one of the specials of the day. Hmmm...makes me think of the roti babi here.


This was another of that day's special and it was a local catch-sable fish. Did not know what kind of fish was that, till I reached home and googled. Seems like a good fish. Flaky texture, and really tasted "non-fishy" (fish is not supposed to taste and smell fishy, right?)

Duartes Tavern
Find menu here
202 Stage Road, Pescadero CA
Hours 7 am - 9 pm Daily
Price: $$
Taste index:

Tag: , , ,

15 comments:

  1. aahhh, the portions really big hor! I won't be able to finish my portion if liddat big! The fish looks so inviting.

    You refering to your smell or the fish? hahaha....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just had pulled pork like two days ago, now that you mentioned "roti babi" what a coincidence, my aunt made those for my sister also two days ago when she visited.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ECL, the calamari portion no enough!:D We did not know portions were so big too(plus hungry at that time..so order 2 mains+1 calamari, to share)..but in the end, cannot finish

    ReplyDelete
  4. ya lor, the pulled pork sandwich does look like the roti babi! Bet it's missing one ingredient though...lup cheong (chinese sausage)! hehehe. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. firehorse, what are the key ingredients into roti babi? :D

    lyrical lemongrass, hahaha...this is for sure. So now I know there is lup cheong in roti babi ;p

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice blog you got here! Thanks for stopping by! That roti babi looks deeevine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. paprika, I would like to try the real roti babi (the one with lup cheong!) ;p

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmm, fish and chips. I haven't found a good fish and chip place in Paris yet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I adore artichoke soup but all the food looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wokandspoon, take the eurostar to london for fish and chips...heh heh.
    This dish is not even called fish and chips. It's just one their grilled fish items..and they happened to serve the fish with fries :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. freya and paul, hv not tried cooking artichoke soup myself (looks like it's quite tedious).

    jackson, it's to the nutty side. I felt it's like a rich nutty asparagus taste. The creamy texture is similar to those pumpkin/butter squash soup.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love artichoke dips, marinated artichokes and steamed artichokes. Never had artichoke soup.

    The fried fish looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  13. ming merciless, I've had artichoke soup and never had artichoke dips, marinated artichokes and steamed artichokes before :O
    Yes, I enjoyed the fish too. What is better than a fresh catch of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What does artichoke soup taste like? Is it a little sour, like canned artichokes? Or is it grassy like fresh ones?

    ReplyDelete
  15. chubbypanda, I have not tasted canned artichokes before. But this one tasted very fresh to me :)

    ReplyDelete