Trader Joes - for tasty joys

When Wandering Chopsticks had thumbs up for LUSCIOUS (I'm saying it loud, and writing in caps) dumplings, I'm in to join her for "Save Our Faves 2007".

Trader Joes - my neighbourhood grocery store, thrive and thrive you shall, as I prefer you to the mighty listed WFMI.

I love you for your fearless flyer;
and when I feel it - the organic fruits desire;
with whole wheat pasta and unsulfured dried apricots as wholesomeness in products;
and even the ($1.99 Charles Shaw wine selection) "Two Buck Chuck";
you have simply made us heathier;
and cooking (with wine) cheaper, and easier.

What's your favourite food gem? Meantime, I would love to hear it from
1. Susan from Food Blogga
2. The Budding Cook
3. Aria from Passionatenonchalance
4. Yich from Simcooks
5. MeltingWok
(Oops, some are repeats...sorry!)

and also have them "Save our Faves", tag 5 others(food lovers, food bloggers), so we can all share in the common pot of goodness.

This is my favourite (non-Asian) grocery store: Trader Joes
At my neighbourhood:
727 Sunnyvale-Saratoga Road
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
408-481-9082
9 am - 9pm

At your neighbourhood:
Several locations within the US

Tag:

22 comments:

  1. I lurve Trader Joe's almond butter. MMmmmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i haven't been to trader joe's in a while. but i do like them a lot. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I doubt we'd have to worry about TJ's going under. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been looking for some good whole-wheat pasta. I eat so much pasta, I think I should start eating the whole-wheat kind. ;)

    I passed by Trader Joe's last night, but was too lazy to go inside. I really do need to make a trip there soon, though, because there are always good food finds there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! But I wanted to do TJ's! ;) I just love that store. I swear I go 2-3 times a week (and it's only my husband and me).

    I saw the tag, but I'm actually out of town for a few days and only checking in periodically.

    ReplyDelete
  6. lyrical lemongrass, is it almond butter spread? I usually buy their peanut butter spread for my loti!

    ReplyDelete
  7. buddingcook, my 3-fix trio is TJs, Asian supermarket(R99) and Costco. :D

    Wandering Chopsticks, it's really hard to say with the big one(WF). Maybe it'll get acquired by the big one some day, and they "merged" into that same WF umbrella? Then no more TJ, only a Joe Traded to WF? Of course, I want to wish TJs to be always there ;p

    ReplyDelete
  8. yuzu, yes...it's like looking for some "treasure" that you might not expect to find, at that price. Do you use their whole wheat flour for baking? I love their $1.99 organic dark chocolate, and $1.99 dark choco truffle too! ;p

    ReplyDelete
  9. susan, so we are in sync,i supposed.
    It's 1-2 times/week for me and hoobie Coz it's so near where I'm staying, I walk there. Sometimes my shopping bag can be just filled with a bunch of bananas, and their potato chips...oops :O
    Another way to put it, my 2nd fridge+freezer+pantry is there...LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Trader Joe's is great. I used to go to one on Prospect when I lived in Saratoga. I'm even luckier now. There's one practically down the road from me in Irvine.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi tigerfish, was wondering if I can link you? If "yes" what would you like to "sell" at my kopitiam. (i.e., your "stall" name).

    ReplyDelete
  12. chubbypanda, i'm as lucky as you on that! Less than a block away from me :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. firehorse, got charged rental or not ;p ...need to think of stall name now...suddenly dunno what to sell :O

    ReplyDelete
  14. tigerfish, yup it's almond butter spread. Yummy! I normally buy back a few jars!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Tigerfish,
    Guess what I found at TJ's today? Tofu that's separated into two halves. So it's more like two half-sizes sold together, but can be broken apart. It's great for me b/c I usually only cook with half a block of tofu. And this way, the other half stays fresh. They also have the best prices on milk and eggs too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anywhere that sells unsulphured apricots is good with me!

    ReplyDelete
  17. lyrical lemongrass, i shall buy and try soon :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wandering Chopsticks, yes yes, that's their newer product. It's interesting (adventure, as what TJs put it) to shop their store, since they have new products once in a while. :D

    freya and paul, unsulphured apricots are not often so easily available, and even so, it's not that cheap. The 1lb pack at Trader Joes is US$5.99. I thought this is fairly reasonable.Thks for coming by.

    ReplyDelete
  19. How much are your kiwi fruits?

    ReplyDelete
  20. simcooks, $1.99(for 6). The golden kiwis are $2.19(for 6-7).

    ReplyDelete
  21. Another Trade Joe's fan. Good for you....

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lee Ping, you know many TJs fans?

    ReplyDelete