Ginger cafe does not serve just ginger!

I know there are restaurants named after garlic. I'm sure there are eateries named after onion too. And the one I tried is named after ginger. Is there one named after shallots ?

As usual, we would tend to have lunch out, if we were to eat out. This is at Ginger Cafe.
A "let pictures do the talking" post. Becoming more and more like Keropok's Daily Makan Photo. Hahaha...but we don't have the luxury to eat out so often, so cannot afford to be "daily".

Other food reviews:
St Johns Bar & Grill, Sunnyvale
Red Kwali, Milpitas
Daphes Greek Cafe, Sunnyvale

Kung Pao Chicken - Not so classic, right? Usually it'll just be chicken and dried chilli. But this one has peanuts, onions, mushrooms, green peppers.

Mongolian Beef - Hmm.... more like onions with scallions stir-fry? Wooo...heaps of onions and scallions and few slices of beef. Spicy, of course...however a tad too greasy.

Ginger Cafe
398 W. El Camino Real #114
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
Price: $$ (for lunch)
Taste index:
(Not too bad, overall - but 2 "Yums" because found the chicken and beef dishes rather greasy)

Related ginger posts:
Steamed chicken with ginger
Stir fry udon with ginger
Baba coriander chicken


Tag: , , ,

12 comments:

  1. hehe... this is a million word posting! ;-p

    The Mongolian beef looks nice.. A bit too much onionsm but I do like onions. I think I will enjoy this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha... I thought you went to Gilroy for a shopping trip. There is a Ginger Cafe there too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmmm... don't mind me commenting but those dishes do look very typical of Asian American heritage, like kung pao chicken. In Singapore at least, I guess our ingredients are usually quite different which leads to quite a different character in our cooking. But you should know that much better than I do... haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. The hot-and-sour soup looks like delicious shark fin's soup hor? Too bad, can see but can't go over there and try.

    Sorry OT here. Tigerfish, you've been tagged. Visit my blog post here for details. Do at your time (or not at all, do I look like I care? Hahaha).

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh yes man, keropokman, max output min input....hahahha! I'm doing this more often....hahaha

    simcooks, you tried the one at Gilroy before?

    ReplyDelete
  6. cool insider,yes...it's not difficult to find asian cuisine here, just a matter if it's authentic?
    I prefer S'pore cooking. :D


    victor,aiyo...no need come here and try lah! No worth it! S'pore better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hate the way the Chinese restaurants cook Kung Pao chicken, it's soooo not authentic. What's wrong with them--I mean adding some much extras that are not supposed to be in the dish. Can't they just stay authentic for once? :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. RM, haiz...agree *nod head repeatedly*
    Maybe they want to attract other non-chinese customers by adding in more ingredients?
    But again, I think the ultimate authentic Asian/Chinese restaurant is waiting for a big chef/boss like you leh! So, when opening one to serve all of us REAL AUTHENTIC chinese/asian food? *why are we waiting*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hehe, it seems like we're reviewing the same restaurants! I did a review of this place last month (I think) and I was really impressed. Next time I go there, I'm going to try their dim sum (even if it is a bit on the pricy side compared to Bamboo Garden)

    ReplyDelete
  10. jadedone, did you ? I didn't know that. The dim-sum looks more "upmarket" compared to BG. :D Have not tried it though.

    ReplyDelete
  11. hey, i didn't realize there's a Ginger Cafe in Sunnyvale. i'm one of the other S'poreans living in the Bay Area...Campbell...but work in Gilroy and have only seen the Gilroy restaurant. thanks for the review. i think their food is pretty good.

    found you through Rasa Malaysia.

    ReplyDelete
  12. piegirl, thanks for coming by here :D
    Yes, the one in Sunnyvale is quite new. Have you tried their Dim Sum ?

    ReplyDelete