Spinach frittata, Spinach omelette. Mine is Spinach-Egg "cookie"!

Jihva for Green Leafy Vegetables and I have baby spinach. The leaves are oval shape, and usually the spinach comes in a pack, already trimmed and cleaned. With a tender and sweet flavor, you can eat baby spinach raw (make sure you give them a light wash before eating, or get the organic variety); add them to salads, or cook them very briefly in pasta dishes.

Spinach is an excellent source of vitamins (A, B2, B6, C, K), manganese, folate, magnesium, iron, calcium, and potassium. It is also a good source of dietary fiber, copper, protein, phosphorous, zinc and vitamin E. In addition, it is a good source of omega-3 fatty acids, niacin and selenium.

Spinach can help you bone up...so makes me wonder...who needs the spinach, Popeye or Olive ? Well, Olive looks like the one who is going to fracture or break her bones any time, any minute. I vote for Olive..she needs the spinach.

You can also call this simple spinach omelette or spinach frittata. It's just a name. I call mine spinach egg "cookie", do you think it's appropriate ?

Spinach frittata, spinach omelette
The ingredients are simple - just egg and baby spinach, with salt and pepper to taste.

Steps: Heat oil in frying pan while whisking the egg. Pour the egg onto the pan and let one-side cook on medium heat. Do not turn or disturb the egg for 1-2mins. Add in the spinach, by handfuls, till you feel it's sufficient. You may use a turnover spatula to help you press down the spinach to reduce the volume. It may look heapful but spinach reduces by almost half the amount when cooked, so don't worry by adding in more.


Turn to the other side once the underside of the egg is cooked and lightly browned.

Get your cookie cutter to shape them for breakfast or brunch portions.



Related posts:
Pork and Cilantro Omelette
Green green vegetables of home - Stir fry long beans and celery
Real spinach, fake fish cake - Stir fry Chinese spinach
Dear okra, don't try to be funny with me - Okra or lady fingers with sambal chilli
Snowing in fall - Stir fry snow peas
Once upon a time - Steamed brussel sprouts

Eggs reminded me of...
Myspace Easter Graphics
Happy Easter! And also Good Friday, to those who are enjoying this public holiday today!


Tag: , , , ,

40 comments:

  1. Love the cookie cutter effect. Nonstick pan, FOR SHAME!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How adorable is that! Easy to prepare and looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's really creative!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! You cut the frittata into little rounds. They looks so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Easter to you and yours..!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eeeee, sickening, you! Those are so darned cute! :) I'm supposed to be working, but boh pian, lah, old habits die hard! haha!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Think besides wishing u happy Easter day, think u can cook and eat the 4 colourful "eggs" (for e.g. follow ur previous "humpty dumpty" recipe) to celebrate ur 1 yr "escape" anniversary. ;p

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your eggs look so healthy and full of fibre (the ones with the spinach and not the cartoons).

    Happy Easter to you too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. chubbypanda, most cookies look cute...and I'm surprised by this savory one too! Hee hee.Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. anonymous, I still use non-stick pan for saute, frying...but recently got a stainless steel metal pan for deep frying.

    ReplyDelete
  11. lyrical lemongrass, just wanted to make the cookie cutter do something since I don't bake. Hahaha...:p

    pablopabla, bo bian...I use the muffin pan not for baking muffin, and I use the cookie cutter not for baking cookies....
    Who ask me itchy hands go and buy bakeware ?

    ReplyDelete
  12. ming merciless, felt the size and shape look just right and dainty for breakfast :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. mama bok, same to you, and your family :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. shilpa, hee hee...tell ur boss you saving time by eating lunch virtually loh! Muahahahhaha....

    ReplyDelete
  15. omnivore, wah, you still remember the humpty dumpty post arh?
    Hahahah...you very farnee leh...eat 彩色鸡蛋 to celebrate my "escape" anniversary...hahahha!

    ReplyDelete
  16. victor, enjoy your good friday! Here no holiday :(

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Easter Holidays!

    I love the cookie-cutter spinach omelette! I'm sure my kids will love this becos they are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  18. give me 10 plz, I can hantam them all, so cute *pinch* :P

    ReplyDelete
  19. That's a really great idea! They look like little hockey pucks!

    ReplyDelete
  20. maybe my kids will even eat those!

    ReplyDelete
  21. happy easter to you! looks nice. :D

    ReplyDelete
  22. ECL, how many kids you got arh? You're so good to them, want to cook this and that for them. They are lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  23. MW, I can hv 10 too!

    wokandspoon, hahaha...you are imaginative :)

    jaden, another loving mum :D

    buddingcook, thks! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a cute entry to JFI-WBB:Greens event. Thanks for participating, Tigerfish.

    Mini Spinach treats look so adorable and I think they would be great as finger food. Love this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I made these 2 days ago and the kids ate them up so fast I couldn't take a picture! Thank you for the recipe. I used little heart and flower shaped mini cookie cutters.

    ReplyDelete
  26. indira, thanks! I have another entry to go! About greens :)

    steamykitchen, interesting food shapes never fail to attract kids, ya ? Glad it worked!

    ReplyDelete
  27. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  28. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  29. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  30. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  31. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  32. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  33. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  34. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  35. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  36. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  37. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  38. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  39. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete