I've said here that Hawaiian pizza (ham, pineapple, cheese toppings) is my favorite pizza choice. I decided to make my own and shout out "Waiter, there's something in my...bread" to Spittoon Extra.It's easier than starting with and using a pizza dough (knead-it-yourself or even store-bought). Yes, easier than store-bough pizza dough...and you can have your toasty and crispy thin-crust pizza like this! And that's in my bread!

Find out how...
Thin-Crust Hawaiian Pizza (serves 2-3)
Ingredients: Whole wheat pita bread, sun-dried tomato & basil chicken sausage, pineapples (cubed), tomato paste (Note: this is actually the leftover paste or puree of a can of whole tomatoes; you can use any of your convenient choice of tomato-based paste or sauce); and mozzarella cheese (or any cheese that melts lusciously in mooey-ness and gooey-ness at high temperature. I had some Pepper Jack Cheese and it worked too!)
How-to:
In less than 25 mins (almost equivalent to heating up a frozen pizza or you waiting for pizza delivery at your door step), a freshly-baked, oven-warm and toasty crispy homemade pizza is already at your dinner table waiting for you!
Well, I'll leave it to critics to verify the authencity of this non-pizza-dough-based crust pizza. But it has certainly satisfied me as a Hawaiian pizza. You can do it too! Can even use bread if you don't have round pita bread (...just that the pizza will be squarish. Watch the slide show as I made some with multi-grain bread too).
Tag: pizza, hawaiian pizza, easy pizza, pita bread
I am always amazed by your creativity :)
ReplyDeletethe slide.com thing is an interesting tool you used... I thought you did the effects yourself at first.
ReplyDeleteTigerfish,
ReplyDeleteMy foodie friend, did you know I made French bread pizza last week? B/c I, too, was too lazy to make pizza dough. I think this works well on Middle Eastern flatbread too.
Anyway, come down for a visit! I bet you'll love everywhere I take you to eat. :)
Pita bread as pizza.... sounds interesting..
ReplyDeleteI love thin crust pizza myself so this is definitely up my ally. I know I will love it.
ReplyDeleteI must try this at home! Maybe tomorrow! The Slim Lady loves my pizza. But mine really no standard one. I juz buy the base, then the tomato paste, canned mushroom, pineapple, green pepper or watever u call it.... then bake it for about 25 minutes. Lousy, but my wife said she like it. Now, here's the thin crispy kind. I surely must try! But... pita bread can also be used as pizza base arh?
ReplyDeleteI think I've only seen round pittas if you buy the mini ones, but I don't see why pizzas can't be oval instead of round right? My kids could make these so easily. We'll have to do them this week.
ReplyDeleteactually, i tried pita based pizzas at many places too!
ReplyDeleteNYDC uses pita bread as the base for some pizzas.
Dome also had pita bread based pizzas too.
Actually i love pita bread ones because I am not a very dough person :-)
They're so cute! I wuv dem! =D
ReplyDeleteHawaiian pizza sounds so good - how about using spam?! :-)
ReplyDeleteI made pizza with a tortilla too and i just made it last week or so. And I have tried pita bread as pizza base as well...they're so easy and fuss free :)
ReplyDeleteWoah, so much toppings! I couldn't find the pizza base. LOL.
ReplyDeleteI don't like the Hawaiian topping myself but I do think the idea of using pitta breads is inspired! And they look delicious and easier to eat than regular pizza too!
ReplyDeletetasty looking. i love this topping too. :D too bad mr. budding cook doesn't :)
ReplyDeletesimcooks, no creative lah, keropok man already said NYDC has it :O
ReplyDeletefarinelli, thanks to the tool! Let pictures do the talking :) Thks for visiting.
wandering chopsticks, hahha....it has become not spooky anymore. I'm a foodie, are you?(I ask). Of course, you are!
kay,it's really as good as thin-crust pizza :D
ming merciless, I don't have preferences but I always prefer fillings more than the crust (either it's in a pie or on top of pizza), so
ReplyDeletein thin-crust pizza, I can save my capacity for more fillings and less "dough"!
chris, so you made pizza at home too arh! What kind of base do you buy? In Sg, I used to make them with squarish Gardenia/sunshine bread :O
ReplyDeleteYour pizza toppings is
like a mix of hawaiian and supreme leh! How come you say lousy?
CAannnn! Pita bread ,IMO, makes a good thin crust. But you must get good pita bread lah!
ukzoe, yes, they can be any shape as convenient you want them to be ;p
ReplyDeleteKM, is it? I dunno ler! :O ...or maybe I've had them but did not know they were pita-based! Buahahhah
ReplyDeleteToo much dough fills me up fast too, then cannot eat the toppings!
chubbypanda, thks! I need to try other toppings next time.
steamy kitchen, I actually used spam before...HAHAHAH! (no filter required!) ..good spam!
ReplyDeletethe expedited writer, I must also try the torilla version some day! :D
Victor, no lah! Still can see lah! Toppings a lot good what!
ReplyDeletefreya and paul, are pineapples the culprit?
ReplyDeletebuddingcook, wooo...some pple don't like "fruits" in savory dishes. Are pineapples the reasons, as well?
tiger, i also like toppings and not the crust! haha...
ReplyDeleteI'd love to have that pizza right now! It looks delicious!
ReplyDeleteKM, hahaha....that's why I seldom eat pizza when outside...for the same toppings, I can eat other dishes such as pasta etc...buahahahaa
ReplyDeletepatricia, you could try it, if you like Hawaiian pizza. I just realized some pple do not like Hawaiian pizza.
If I introduce these, my kids would want to eat pizza everyday and not eat rice liao!
ReplyDeleteBetter hor, teach them to make these then I can keow ka and blog more! hehe....
ECL, ya ya! Teach them lah, so easy to make. Then you can really keow ka and keep blogging liow!
ReplyDeleteClever clever clever! And perfect for lazy people like me who dislike the taste of store-bought pizza bases but can't be bothered to make the dough ;-) Thanks for the great idea.
ReplyDeletejeanne, I have not tasted any pizza made out of store-bought pizza but the idea of having to flour the surface to spread out the dough and kneading already put me off...coz you said it....i'm lazy too!!! oops!
ReplyDeleteThks for visiting.
Where can I buy the cheese or black pepper?
ReplyDeleteSorry, as I'm new to cooking.
[learning hard to cook]
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDelete