Though the cookies tasted unexpectedly ok (on the chewy side...just like eating almond roca, without the chocolate), it looks ugly. Arrrgghhhh!!! All of the sudden, I saw Shrek. Inner beauty. What's best to describe the cookies, other than "inner beauty".
Ever since my first (and the last) sci-fi post on Star Wars vs Stark Wok, these cookies are making me do a mystery today. A "sci-fi" myth or legend that remains a mystery until today. Stonehenge and Avebury, I think I've "moved" you...just part of you...some of you...here, onto my plate.
"Rock" materials to build Stonehenge and Avebury
Twin tower before 9/11, or Stonehenge and Avebury "under construction"
Dog s*** piled up ?
Revisiting Avebury after so many years...

Mystery rocks - sci-fi, myth or legend
Chewy (chewbacca) cookie for Sci-Fi Party now taking place in Dispensing Happiness. Weird enough? Wild enough? Or crazy enough ?
The cookies were not that bad after all - they were all nibbled and chewed by me, and the closest of "guinea pig" *evil laughter* . They just don't look pretty but I assure you...they are chewy munchy nibbly almond cookies.
As with cookies, cakes, and pastry, tea would be the best accompaniment beverage.

Tag: almond, cookie, amaretti cookie, snacks, stonehenge, avebury
Uhhh, kinda reminds me of the rock monster from "Galaxy Quest".
ReplyDeleteHehe - the cookies do look a bit like Chewbacca but as they say - it's what's on the inside that counts!
ReplyDeleteI don't know about others, but anything that's in cocoa/ brown color appeals to me! It's the taste that counts. ;)
ReplyDeletei love your interpretive cookie sculptures!
ReplyDeletei will eat them one by one, muah
LOL! I like the write up of your cookie. As long as it tasted good right?
ReplyDeleteHahaha! You are also stacking your cookies. Last week I think someone did the same too. sounds like a trend these days. Hmmm I think I will also stack some in my coming blog..... hahahahh what a laugh, I think I will stack some cowdunk soon! hehehehe
ReplyDeleteThey DO NOT look like dog sh*t! Actually they look like falafel.
ReplyDeleteI love almond rocca so I can imagine how delicious these cookies/candies are.
You should move to NYC so I can be your garbage disposal unit. :-)
Stonehenge, Chewbacca, dog poo, what would you think of next? The tea look like shee shee... hehehe...., too diluted lah.
ReplyDeleteThey look like galaxy rocks!
ReplyDeletelol!
They don't look too bad, and at least you could think of some witty way to describe the imperfection... something I need to learn from you in fact! :)
ReplyDeletebreadtalk had cookies that looks like this! colleague bought it for CNY and brought it to work.
ReplyDeletei can imagine the taste now leh...
but breadtalk one is not almond roca cookies, it look like your pic only hehe...
haha..finally you're baking! well, although they didn't look conventionally pretty, they make up for taste i guess :)
ReplyDeleteIt's the taste that counts. So who cares how it looks. :) Your cookies shapes are very cute.
ReplyDeleteI can see that you had fun taking photos of your cookies! :o)
ReplyDeleteI think those cookies are cute!
ReplyDeletenate2.0, monster it is! :O
ReplyDeletewokandspoon, hahaha...but some say we eat with our eyes first ;p
mandy, we are in the same school. Cocoa or chocolate anything!
aria,it's chewy...so have to be one by one :)
little corner of mine, I was happy they did not have to end up in the garbage bin.
big boys oven, buahahahha...
ming merciless, these are like rocca without the chocolate. :D
Falafel? I think I have not seen/tasted them before. :(
just great ! v share the same undying loves for ugly shrek, chewbacca ? and stonehenge .
ReplyDeleteU mean they are really that tough too ?
cute constructions. are you an architect? :-P
ReplyDeletehehehe... that was the most creative homemade-rock i have ever seen in my life!
ReplyDeleteWhen stacked up, the cookies also look like termites mounds don't they? Each piece is an unique work of art with no two pieces looking alike.
ReplyDeleteLooks like ant's hill!! LOL! very creative indeed.
ReplyDelete"Death becomes baking"? LOL
ReplyDeleteI agree with the rest, at the end of the day, pretty is nice, but tasty is better! :D
And the last shot of the glass of tea (with and without the tea leaves) looks very zen. Nice.
Your idea is just fabulous!
ReplyDeleteECL,very diluted meh...but this is not oolong leh...so not supposed to be so dark.;)
ReplyDeletesteamy,edible rocks if we ever meet in galaxy. :p
windy,lucky they were edible, if not I don't think they deserve a write up from me.
KM, izit? Are you sure they look as rough as these?
the expedited writer, I like the very almond-nutty taste.
But I just din know what went wrong :(
the cooking ninja, you know how to console me. It's true I can't bake.
ReplyDeletewmw, hahaahha....playing with food. :)
sara, thks! Cute hardy cookies :p
team bsg, boh gay cannot eat!
lyrical lemongrass, how I wish!
arfi, thanks. :)
victor, I'm against clones! ChewBacca in Attack of the Clones :O
pea, aiyoo...after termite mounds, now ant's hill! Lucky these are not on the sweet side, if not, ants sure come...hahahhah.
ReplyDeletekenny, thanks for consoling me about the tea after hearing the "urine" about it. I do like Zen style and looks. :)
jackson, waiting for the cookies to cool before packing them airtight. It was building-in-progress, then.
patricia, I can't bake as well as you, tt's why.
hmmm, what would I not give to have one of your cookies:)
ReplyDeletestonehenge sounds great, I wish I had the chance to visit this place...
valentina, yay yay..one of your macarons, pleeease?
ReplyDelete