Burgermeister - burgers raised with tender loving care

Burgermeister was nominated for Food Network's Best Burger Award last year but it did not shine through. Having been nominated IS a winning accolade, in my opinion. I was happy that Burgermeister is located in Northern California with several locations at San Francisco area.

Burger is served with choice of fries, slaw or mixed greens. You know what I chose ;p

You are what you eat, and so is the beef. Using Niman Ranch beef, there are no antibiotics and no added hormones to the livestock. You are ensured one of the highest quality burgers - deliciously juicy and meaty burgers. Taste natural, and IS natural (if you can taste the difference)

Of course the burgers taste great. And if you are strictly on a "natural food" plan, this burger is for you. Personally, I would not go all the way unless I happened to be in SF area. Don't misunderstand me. The burgers are delicious. It's just that there are good affordable burgers such as St John Bar and Grill and In-N-Out more conveniently near me. In St John's burgers, I get half-priced burgers (~$3/-) without discounting quality. In-N-Out, I get $1.99 burgers, made with fresh ingredients(they may not be organic or natural beef, but at least they are fresh and not oven- or microwave- reheated) In Burgermeister, I get high quality (and healthier, natural) burgers for ~$10. It's hard to choose my favorite since they have "winning" factors each their own.

BurgerMeister
Several locations in San Francisco area
Taste index:

Tag: , ,

16 comments:

  1. Recently read this book and maybe you will be interested:
    "Chew On This: Everything You Don't Want to Know About Fast Food"

    After reading this book, think i will really hesitate a bit if want to buy fast food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aiya...burgers does not equate to fast food lah....(maybe in S'pore, it is). ;p ...just strike a balance loh. I think loti such as Breadtalk is also fast food leh...hahahah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haven't had BurgerMeister yet, but I love In-N-Out and eat there everytime when I'm in the Bay area! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love In-N-out burgers too! : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Greetings Tiger! ( sorry, just felt like saying that, very geeky, huh? I thought I'd say that rather than Hi, or Hey Ya!) That burger looks good, we don't have it here in Perth. I only ate my first burger at the age of 23! (shock horrors, huh?) My husband introduced me to burgers and soft drinks like Coke etc. When I was growing up, we had Chinese food ALL the time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my my....ain't they look lovely and so tempting..... you so bad...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am a bit fussy with my burgers. Strange that I will have Burger King and Mckers but when I get my own burgers, they must be 100% beef because I can tell the difference. So, like sausages, I don't allow my husband to get burgers as he always go for the cheap ones which leave a bad after taste. :)
    I've never been to USA but if I do, I will want to try In-N-Out now that I know from your post here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't care what's in fast food, I keep eating it.

    Those fries look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. east meets west, yessss, IN-N-Out is also my fav!

    blur mommy, me too. But I need to eat two. How about you? ;p

    oh for love of food, I seldom have burgers too. And Chinese food is good, if well-cooked. :D
    ANd I can't seem to get bored with good chinese food. :p but I can get "scared" of too many burgers or steak :O

    big boys oven, you must be hungry now, that's why.

    judy, I thought hamburgers are usually 100% beef ? :O

    kelly, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your burger photos are real mouth-watering, but paying $10 for a burger seem a bit pricy. I have heard of In-N-Out burger but have yet to try it. Next time when I'm in Cali will sure seek out this burger to try. Hehe...

    ReplyDelete
  11. tigerfish, sadly not. 100% beef over here is when you get the prime beef mince.
    Anything less than 100% will have the cartilege, bits and pieces of fat and also preservatives.
    Check this site out http://64.233.183.104/search?q=cache:wYwh5eUCk2cJ:www.3663.co.uk/gen/uploads/zal2xieu31kbnfnpr5ijsvb508082005084846.pdf+80%25+beef+burger&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=3&gl=uk

    I noticed when I came to UK, the after taste after having beef burger, so I looked into it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. little corner of mine, think of natural beef and maybe you would find a lil' more worth it. But I agree, tt's why I won't travel all the way there to eat those $10 burgers.

    judy, I need to look into it too! Thks for the info.
    But will restaurants/eateries indicate that it's prime beef mince?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Will try this burger out when I'm in SFO next! Looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  14. wmw, try it but I still think there are better ones around ;p

    ReplyDelete
  15. I went to LA together with my other half and PIL in Feb 2005 and had delicious burgers in nice resto and was pigging out at IN & OUT and Cheese Cake factory. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. the cooking ninja, did you like it? did you like it ?In & Out? I think that was the best burger I ever tried out of fast food burger chains ;p

    ReplyDelete