Banana Peanut Butter Wonton Pockets - what a wonton-ful world



Woooo hoooo...what's that ? A volcano about to erupt. Can't you see the transparent "lava" flowing to the foot of the volcano ?



This little sweet snack is created entirely from leftovers. Leftover wonton skin, unused almond butter, and overly ripe bananas.

Leftovers can really stretch one's creativity, and thanks to Leftover Tuesday (it's at #10 now) - it resulted in these Banana and Peanut Butter Wontons/Pockets.


Creamy filling inside...warm light snack!
Banana and Peanut Butter Wontons Pockets
Ingredients: wonton wrappers, peanut butter, banana
Directions: Mash the ripe bananas with the peanut butter in a mixing bowl. Using 2 pieces of wonton wrappers, scoop 1tsp on one wrapper and sandwich with the 2nd wrapper. Deep-fry or bake!


Look at the crispy slightly-browned edges

There is always something about moist-in-the-inside, crispy-on-the-outside that gives the perfect balance in texture and taste layering.

Enjoy!

Tag: , ,

41 comments:

  1. oooo mannn
    I never get bored of wonton skin :D
    anyway, you might try pisang aroma one day, it is used banana and spring roll skin. Too bad, I have the recipe in bahasa Indonesia at http://evimeinar.multiply.com/recipes/item/149

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a desirable dessert! Woah! some more got eruption! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is such a clever idea! I would certainly love to have some!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Peanut butter and banana wontons sound like a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. U clever woman! Can add/replace peanut butter with chocolate sauce also u know? YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi there...nice to know you...looks ymmu though...may be should try one of these days...btw where to get the almond butter from?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good idea,I bet it´s so delicious! Haven´t tried it with wonton skin only with puff pastry.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hehe.that's a good idea. On some mornings, I have a peanut butter with banana toastie for breakfast but this is such a good dessert idea as well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG! This is really good... it shouldn't be too sweet as you didn't put any sugar in it. However, I've a sort throat at the mo... :(

    By the way, if I want to bake it instead, how long I should put it into the oven?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Whoa whoa, another creative product from you. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Updated peanut butter and banana sanwiches...Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wasn't PB and banana a favorite of Elvis Presley? These wontons look great-- I'm always looking for some kind of dessert way to use leftover wonton skins.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! This looks great, I will definitely try it since I'm such a PB nut! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Whoa, what a combo! Sounds tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Jeeezzus who would ever think this up but you? That looks soo delicious, I love warm banana with just about anything!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like banana and peanut butter together. As a kid, I used to spread peanut butter on a banana and bite into it. :) Yummy! But I've never tried it deep-fried or baked before. What a grown-up and sophisticated way to eat PB & B!

    ReplyDelete
  17. YUMMM! that looks sooooo good. Now I feel like banana fritters with peanut butter O_o, weird cravings I know!

    ReplyDelete
  18. i think i want to try that out!

    this is an interesting version of pisang goreng. instead of batter, you use wonton skin. ahhh... i can just imagine the crispy skin now!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a creative idea you have there...two of my favorite ingredients in one pocket leh...tsk tsk tsk, you are too good!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'll eat banana anything. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oooo... this looks yummy! I want to try this.

    *oh oh... hot hot.... *

    ReplyDelete
  22. Okay ... I give up in trying to follow your receipe. Come open your restaurant in Singapore and I will rally my friends to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  23. banana and peanut butter, they're really best friends, eh? LOL...try banana with cheese inside the wontons...

    ReplyDelete
  24. oh oh oh yes yum! crunch crunch crunch the crispy edges... :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. omg banana in wonton bras ! wow pow gimmee gimmeee

    toni
    bsg

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wowza! I could eat an even dozen without even stopping for breath!

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a terrific idea! I would like to try this with cream cheese and banana filling. Then drizzle with maple syrup or honey....

    ReplyDelete
  28. wow..a sweet wanton??? this is about as creative as it can get!..someone should follow this recipe..it will be a hit in the restaurant!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Brilliant!!! My favourite combo - peanut and banana and mush more interesting than just having them on a sanwich like I normally do.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oooooo....sounds so heavenly and sinfully GOOD! Very creative...clap clap clap for such wonderful creation. I want i want i want!

    ReplyDelete
  31. *patiently waits for your Thanksgiving posts* Those won tons will hold me over for now I guess ;) I hope you had a great Gobble Day with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Those photo's are such a tease! Great flavour combinations, yum.

    ReplyDelete
  33. thank you for officially making me so hungry I literally just licked the freaking computer screen!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Thanks for such a great idea! I always have leftover wonton skins and it drives me crazy. These sound delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  35. wow. i used to make something similar by frying wonton skins filled with nutella. i think adding banana to that combination would make it PERFECT.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Wow! Elvis would approve of this new fusion take on his favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Oh, that looks great. What a wonderful use of leftovers. And a wonderful use of bananas and peanut butter!

    ReplyDelete
  38. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  39. this looks great question! how would I bake this at what degree and how long?

    ReplyDelete