A very untidy kitchen in our rented apartment, California -
(Unfortunately, the photos have been deleted due to s stupid Shutterfly re-index!)
Everything was in a mess while moving. I threw away so many things - cookware, food/ingredients left in the fridge, items in the pantry etc. :( Well, I could not bring everything with me. Though this small kitchen is aesthetically not pleasing to the eye, I have to capture the last shot for myself and for you. One corner in the apartment where I spent time in, whipping up dishes for this blog.
Talking about small...this is an even smaller kitchen in our rented apartment in Taiwan.
(Unfortunately, the photos have been deleted due to s stupid Shutterfly re-index!)
Just the 4th day in this apartment and the kitchen is starting to get untidy already even though I have not started any cooking. Untidy because these is just lack of storage space and the new cookware I bought have to be left on the stovetop. What will this look like when we moved out again in some months' time? I wonder...
Am still in the midst of moving/packing/unpacking and will still be shuttling here (Taiwan) and there (California) this month and maybe next. I'm really "sick" of sitting in the plane for 14+ hours each time between Taiwan and California.
I hope you make peace with your new kitchen, and create some wonderful dishes that you'll share with us! It's hard to work in a small space -- for years I had a kitchen that was 7 feet by 7 feet -- really tiny. But after a while it got to be a lot of fun. I hope that happens for you.
ReplyDeleteTiger, I have a smaller kitchen than before we moved to this new apartment. But, I enjoy more to tidy up here, not too big space.
ReplyDeleteThanks really small and difficult to move about. But I guess you are used to it, huh? :D
ReplyDeleteI guess you will still accomadate and still show off your excellent cooking skills and also will show us more of taiwanese food!
ReplyDeleteaiyoooh... I cannot work in a small kitchen! The first thing I see when I buy a house is the kitchen.... should be big enough to dance in!
ReplyDeleteBut there is also a lot of cleaning with a big kitchen and also buying of unnecessary stuff becos have lots of space to store things.
Small kitchen is better.
My Dear Tiger, why are you shuttling between Taiwan and California??
ReplyDeleteYour kitchen in California might be small but SO, SO, MANY yummy dishes were born there! It's not the size of your kitchen, it's your ABILITY that counts. I'm sure I will see even more delicious creations coming out of your new kitchen!
Thanks again for your help and info regarding the downloading of badges, it has finally 'clicked'! HA!HA! xo
Hmmm...if you are moving back to California in a few months, why don't you just rent a storage and put your stuff there instead of moved everything to Taiwan and move it back again? Then, you can just pack and bring the essential instead of everything?
ReplyDeleteI love to see what people's kitchens look like! Enjoy it - it'll clean itself up one of these days (but you might have to help ;)).
ReplyDeleteWow..!! shuttling is hard.. :(
ReplyDeletehope you get to make some cool dishes still. ;)
I always thought you have a big kitchen (bigger than mine at least)! Still, you can think of a lot of yummy dishes...
ReplyDeleteGood luck with your packing, unpacking, repacking etc. I understand that 14 hours of flying time is no fun. Hope you will get through it.
You are brave to show a pic of your kitchen. Ours is maybe a little bigger than yours but I am too embarrassed to show what it looks like.
ReplyDeleteTravelling so long, so often really sucks. Hopefully things will settle down for you soon.
Just think of all of the different food ingredients you can cook with in those different locations! You will always make lemonade out of lemons Tigerfish! Despite the moving and the small space, you'll still cook up lots of delicious meals! Best of luck!
ReplyDeleteGosh must be tough to travel to and fro. Bet you've watched all the movies on the plane already. :-P
ReplyDeleteI never would've guessed that all your wonderful dishes were born in such a small space! I have a small kitchen too, but seeing yours actually makes me think mine is roomy. =O
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing your kitchen pics with us.
What? I didn't check your blog for two weeks and you moved to Taiwan? How did that happen?!?!?
ReplyDeletethat's a cute little kitchen you have in Taiwan. I'm sure your creativity will prevail and you will not let the lack of space let u down!! =) can't wait to see what you whip up soon.
ReplyDeleteAnd 14 hrs to and fro! WOW Talk about long plane rides huh.
Why so much shuttling back and forth? You don't just move things at once? Good luck! And don't throw things away. Give it to charity!
ReplyDeleteI had a very small kitchen in our rented house in Ireland. Mon mari could not stand up straight in it...his head touched the ceiling. I had to convert a neighboring bathroom into a closet for the cookware. I could stand in the middle and cook, do dishes, and clean the refrigerator...all without taking a step.
ReplyDeleteI can relate!
Good luck on finishing the move.
Damn TF! Your kitchen is just a tiny bit bigger than mine. Glad I'm not the only one having to cook in a cramped space.
ReplyDeleteSize does not matter :o) What matters is that you keep whipping up all those goodies that you do! :o)
ReplyDeletea small kitchen is enuf; but the refrigerator must be BIG!
ReplyDeleteTiger, hope you having a stress-less move! Actually, these kitchens are very modern! Oh yes, our kitchen in Asia... really design for on-man-band!
ReplyDeletelydia, oh I'm trying, I'm trying. Trying to make peace. Hope it works.
ReplyDeleteandaliman, hahha...I agree. Small space, lesser area to clean up.
pablopabla, not really used to it yet leh!
bboven, I will show more of Taiwanese food. Cooking?...slowly but surely.
ECL, aiya...rented place...somemore for short period....don't care so much lah.
of course, if it's my own house, bigger kitchen better lah. But back in my own place in Singapore, I also don't cook mah.So need space for what? :P
judy, thanks for your nice words leh....make me less guilty of a untidy kitchen.
oh for the love of food, coz still not done with clearing our stuff back in California and at the same time, hub have to attend some meetings in Taiwan.
Glad the badges work out for you. :D
little corner, dunno yet leh. May move back to Singapore ler....
hillary, me too!But I don't get to see it often in other blogs.:P
mamabok, hope I can.
windy, nope..it's a small kitchen I'm in.
nate, thanks for encouraging me. :D
passionate eater, thanks and I hope so.
lyrical lemongrass, hahahah you know ya. I watched "No reservations" and "Ratatouille"...
nice :D
yuzu, I don't think any kitchen in CA is small, except if you are right in the city like San Francisco or LA, where apartments are relatively smaller.
ming, just a temp. one.
daphne, cute? Nah...just small. :p
Hate long plane rides.
wandering choppy, yep. Am going to do so for charity. I did not throw everything.
We shuttle to and fro coz in the beginning, we came to check out the place, and sort out the place we gonna stay etc etc....
katiez, oh...that's a small kitchen you are talking about. Now I can do all that! :O
jadedone, now I find that I have to get use of this cramped space.
wmw, oh i hope to do that soon!
las montanas, it's proportional. Small kitchen and they gave us a small fridge :(
gattina, one-lady-band! Spot on!
tigerfish is the most versatile person ever! i am sure a small kitchen is no hindrance to your creativity.
ReplyDeleteey, instead of of shutting to CA, take a flight back to Sg lah! :-)
you can use my kitchen to whip up stuff, though not very big also lah hehe.. at least I get to eat those wonderful creations!
Hey - wow, when did you start to move to Taiwan? Hope you're settling in fine!
ReplyDelete