I'm not cooking for ladies in confinement. However, I hear that ginger is especially good for women during confinement or anytime after menstruation. The Chinese postnatal diet is geared towards driving out the "wind" in the body, promoting blood circulation, strengthening the joints
The Stir Fry Pork with Ginger dish is very easy to prepare, and is welcomed by everyone in the family (not just women in confinement). As you know the benefits of ginger, you could flavor up pork and chicken dishes very well, by using ginger. You could use these thin ginger fries in a dish such as Fried Fish with Dark Soy and Ginger dish, and Stir Fry Pork with Ginger is definitely another hot-favorite seen in family-cooked meals. Did I see rapid nods from you ? :P
Stir Fry Pork with Ginger
Ingredients:
pork tenderloins, sliced thinly, seasoned with salt and some corn flour
2tbsp dark soy sauce
1tsp oyster sauce
2 gloves garlic, minced
1 ginger, sliced thinly
4-5tsp minced ginger
sesame oil
cooking wine
Directions:
1. Heat oil in frying pan and fry the garlic and sliced ginger till fragrant
2. Add in pork slices and fry till 70% cooked. Set aside.
3. In the same pan, add in minced ginger, dark soy sauce, and oyster sauce and mix well. When start to simmer, add in the pork again and lightly stir fry till cooked. (Note: cook it fast so that the pork will not be too tough when consumed)
4. At the end of cooking, dash in some sesame oil and cooking wine for more aroma in the dish
5. Garnish with ginger fries
Tender juicy pork slices immersed in natural pork flavors and the full zest of ginger. Another dish or reason(would you need any?) to ask for more rice :)
Tag: ginger, deep fried ginger, pork
Great photos! Ginger pork is such an quick, easy and tasty meal!
ReplyDeletemore rice please? I love this dish as it provides mild heat on a cold day especially.
ReplyDeleteI think it sounds really delicious. I absolutely love ginger, it tastes good with so many other ingredients.
ReplyDeleteLooks delicious! What a great dish.
ReplyDeleteThais must believe the same thing about ginger because after my son was born, my mom insisted I drink ginger water, which was just ginger boiled in water. Even though ginger is one of my favorite spices, I didn't really like the water, but of course I drank it (otherwise I'd never hear the end of it!).
ReplyDeleteBut you wouldn't have to force me to eat pork with ginger!
I think ginger is also great for chasing away winter colds -- so this recipe comes just in time!
ReplyDeleteu just set me on another craving right now! as usual, the presentation is heavenly. I like how you are able to slice the ginger so thinly! :)~~ (drooling)
ReplyDeleteTo be honest.. i'm not very much into pork.. but i'll eat liver and ginger anytime.. ;)
ReplyDeleteWow! So artistic lah the tenderloin :D
ReplyDeleteBy the way, looks like your comment page is okay today. I've not been able to leave a comment for a couple of weeks liao because of the word verification form which gets truncated. :P
I love putting lots and lots of ginger in my stir fry dishes. Yumzz...and yes, they do work wonders in getting rid of wind. Hehehe..have you tried shredded ginger with basil omelete??
ReplyDeletemy hubby loves so much pork ginger..the thing is when i cook he always complain that there's either too much or too little ginger :-D, by the way i love the way you present them coz mine is always sliced thinly..i will try your version :-) happy new year
ReplyDeleteMy MIL cooks this dish for us occasionally. Very yummy. Also can replace pork with liver.
ReplyDeleteLove this dish, cook it all the times too. So, here is where you used your fried ginger to garnish!
ReplyDeleteI'm not a big pork fan but this almost makes my mouth water! I can just smell the ginger!
ReplyDeleteWow, I just love your presentations! How did you stack the meat? Was there a bed of rice in there?
ReplyDeleteI just went to the gingerbread exhibit at the science center, where many of ginger's uses were explained. But I never heard about the confinement/post-menstruation thing. I have to remember that. :)
ReplyDeleteDefinitely not just for women in confinement... I love fried ginger in any dish, and I've been having a hankering for pork of late --- black pepper pork, pork curry, bacon in any form, gosh when did I become such a carnivore? :P
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year, btw! :D
I actually like this...next time you make it, you add 荷包蛋 into the sauce...it's very good. Yours look dry, but the ones my mother used to make have a lot of juice...soak the eggs in, I love them. I don't like the pork, just the eggs. Hehehe.
ReplyDeleteI love it as is or even with liver and kidney added. Yum!
ReplyDeleteMore rice! more rice! more rice! See, now it's me hankering for rice :-)
ReplyDeleteI love ginger anything, yum!
aiyo...how come your camera photo look so good and clear??.I just bought a new Canon camera but..hiya!!.I love your great pic...nice presentation!!
ReplyDeleteYour dishes always never fail to make hungry. I'm going for lunch now. Bye!
ReplyDeleteThis dish is often served in my house.
ReplyDeleteI love to add ginger in my food and tea. Teh Alia. hehe....
Such a lovely pork dish and so well arranged!
ReplyDeletethe succulent looking lean pyramid with the wind busters are getting into us but we worry , is it good for virile men ornot( like uknowwho )?
ReplyDeletewhat if then got no more wind omg...
I need more rice too! I grew up eating pork and this is something I cook often too.
ReplyDeleteInteresting info about ginger and the "wind" - maybe that's why my man doesn't like ginger if he doesn't want to suffer the gas from me. Hahahaha
ReplyDeleteWishing you a fantastic 2008, Tiger! I can always depend on you to make me ravenous! This is some good looking pork, and three cheers for the Ginger! YUM!
ReplyDeleteI love ginger soy sauce chicken, which my college room mate used to make all the time.
ReplyDeletekevin, thanks!
ReplyDeletedaphne, very true!
kalyn, I love ginger too!
kelly, thanks!
dp, in Asia- we tend to boil ginger with water and add some red dates.
lydia, oh sure :)
noobcook, thinner easier to cook also. So no need to worry about overcooked and hardened pork!
rex, I like pork liver too but need to get rid of the smell first.
pablopabla, thks for your compliments!
pea, have not tried b4 leh! Thks for the idea! Sounds good already.
dhanggit,does he worry if he complain too much and you won't be cooking the dish anymore ?:P
victor, liver? More work leh! Need to get rid of smell. :O
little corner, hahah...yes yes!
wokandspoon, of course it's mouthwatering coz there's ginger!
eatingplum, no rice. Purely pork slices. :D
yuzu, oh ...it's a very common thingy in Asia,I think?
kenny, of course. It fits all! :)
RM, ya ya. my mum used to fry liver like that and add a 荷包蛋 for me as well.
Soooo...good.
Heee hee...got a lot of gravy- just that I set some aside so that when I take the photo it does not seem like it's just gravy and no pork!
LOL!
SAHM, me too! But I don't know how to prepare the liver and kidney. :O
nora, yum too!
beachlover, me also using Canon but an old old one :(
eugenemon, I need to make pple hungry in my blog or else they won't come back!
Thanks for visiting.
ECL, this is family dish lah! Hardly see in eateries even.
BBoven, thank you!
team bsg, wah...so descriptive sia! :P
didally, I hope I have enough gravy to share :P
windy, hahahahah!
oh for the love of food, hip hip hooray!
ming, how abt now? Do you still get to eat this?
What an interesting post! I had no idea. I'm going to look at ginger with a whole new repect now...and eat it more often just 'cause I like it.
ReplyDeleteDelicious looking pork!
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDelete