Cilantro recipes + an all-coriander eatery

Coriander, also known as cilantro or "Phakchi" in Japan. Do you like this pungent herb? What is pungent to some, is aromatic to others (or at least for me). Yes, I like cilantro. I would be excited if I could have an all-coriander experience in this Tokyo's first all-coriander eatery. Check out this video (Source: Reuters).




Well, if you cannot be there, maybe you can try one of these cilantro recipes I have in my collection:

Mango Salso with Cilantro
Steamed Halibut with Cilantro
Lemon Linguine with Cilantro
Cilantro and Pork Omelette
Potato Patties with Cilantro

As an ingredient or just garnish, cilantro is my kind of herb and this herb + some recipes, I will share in Weekend Herb Blogging, taking place at Anna's Morsels and Musings this week.


Tag: , ,

10 comments:

  1. Those pictures look so good... too bad I don't have a full fledged kitchen yet so all I can do is drool...

    (The Mango Salso with Cilantro looks do-able though, doesn't require cooking, right?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coriander is one of my favourite herbs. The aroma and taste is so distinctive. I can have my tom yum goong, steamed fish and many other Asian recipes without it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for sharing! those herbs are my fav:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cilantro is one of my favorite herbs! An all cilantro restaurant sounds like a great idea. I wonder when they will be opening a Toronto branch? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Send me some cilantro right now!!;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely ideas u have there! Yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it in moderation :D It's easy to grow so I am always growing a pot in the corridor :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. kenny, yes..you are right!! That salsa does not require cooking. But you need to cook something to pair with the salsa, right?

    nilmandra, yes...true!

    dwiana p, they smell aromatic, don't they?


    little corner, yay~

    kevin, they need to open one everywhere!

    valentina, no cilantro there?

    daphne, thks!

    noobcook, i need to try growing when i am back home for good! But I don't have green fingers!:(

    ReplyDelete
  9. you've certainly attracted a lot of coriander lovers with your recipe: count me in too!
    thanks for contributing to WHB this week with my favourite herb!

    ReplyDelete