Hotpot, claypot, pot cooking, pot serving


What goes around, comes around...
What goes into a pot comes in a pot

(All the pots photos have been removed. Sorry!)
A claypot of smooth Cantonese congee


A stainless steel tripod-hotpot in Tripod King. For once, you can "have your cake and eat it too"


Cast iron pot (import from Japan) that dwells into the art and science of hotpot/steamboat cooking and eating. Try Yuans to experience it.


Served right at your dining table, cooked in front of you...a warm pot of clams cooked with ginger, scallions, szechuan peppercorns. You get to see your clams from start(closed shells) to finish(opened shells, ready to eat!). And remember, never allow the clams to overcook. Once the shells open, you can dish the clams aside and slowly enjoy the soup during the meal


One tasty pot, multi-eats. A sizzling pot of Huadiao Wine Chicken 花雕鸡 where you start "interactive eating" from the last few minutes of finished cooking. You will hear the pot sizzle, meaning the chicken is ready to be savoured. Uniquely, the gravy essence of this Huadiao Wine Chicken is not wasted since the pot is kept warm under a table stove. Thereafter, you can order additional sides such as cabbage, rice noodles, beancurd skin to add into the pot of Huadiao Wine Chicken when there is only gravy remaining. Wipe the pot clean, till the last stain. Eat till you drop and till the last drop.


A pot of mushroom broth that cooks everything mushrooms. Healthy and nutritious.


A serving of Japanese curry stone-hotpot feeds one individual well. Very well. It's for you only, don't have to share.


Ending off with claypot rice, topped with juicy succulent chicken drizzled with premium dark soy sauce - 煲仔饭

Tag: ,

22 comments:

  1. this is mouth watering! don't worry about not being so "wordless"... i always have a word or two in my WW posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want the cantonese congee now!! It's rainy and cold currently, that will be just now. The mushroom pot looks good as well :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many different types of cooking pots! I need the congee too. hehe...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so hungry right now! And I have you to thank. LOL

    Welcome to W W.

    My W W is shared...a virtual slide show of flowers of Spring here in Texas; come on over for a visit if you can.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful collection of pots. I've eyed those Japanese cast-iron pots in catalogs, and always wanted to buy one. The clay pots I find at my local Asian market. But the tripod pot is really calling to me right now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love hot pots.. my fave is chicken rice claypot. hehehe...

    ReplyDelete
  7. This reminds me, it's been a looooong, loooong time since I used my claypot for cooking!
    Thanks and the last dish looks really scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. All bubbling and hot!
    I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tigerfishy,
    You go from eating really well with all these hot pots to sad little lunches of torn bread and pork floss. What extremes. :P

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, so many type of hot pots and you are so lucky to try them all!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those dishes look good. I have always wanted to try cooking with a clay pot but from what I understand it does not work all that well with an electric stove burner...

    ReplyDelete
  12. My wife and I lile to cook hotpot dishes. We usually do it on a very cold day because it warms the soul. We will site at the table for several hours eating...

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh yum! love all those pots..and it's so true that food just somehow taste better when cooked in claypots.

    ReplyDelete
  14. wa, eat so much...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congee is comfort food to me. And I need loads of it right NOW!

    ReplyDelete
  16. fwah..ur claypot thingy looks so much better than the $29.00 one I paid at some atas restaurant that came along with horrible service...aye..

    ReplyDelete
  17. these photos made me salivate...badly! *lmao!*

    I want to taste them all =)

    ReplyDelete
  18. yum, yum, yum, your story and photos always make me hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  19. oh so lovely and you are so lucky to have tasted for us!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love all kinds of stews and soups, except the hotpot thing. And I've already confessed my love for congee.

    My Shanghainese co-worker said the secret to hotpot dishes is the various dipping sauces. I didn't realize there were dipping sauces!?!?! No wonder all my hotpot experiences were pretty bland.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lucky you! I wish I could have it even just once per week! The last one (煲仔饭) is the best! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. ooh all that street food looks incredible!! you lucky duck! wow, i want a real clay pot one of these days mmmm

    ReplyDelete