Vegetables, flowering vegetables, flowers




I do not know if they are flowers or vegetables. Indeed, they were used as flower decorations but they look like...lettuce to me??? HELP ?



Nonetheless, they are colorful and lovely as decorations.

Aaaahhhhhh, ornamental kale. Thanks, Lydia -The Perfect Pantry. Thanks for answering my curiosity. :D

Taken at Puli Winery, Nantou, Taiwan

Tag:

6 comments:

  1. This looks like ornamental kale -- not for eating, but for decoration. Beautiful, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. can they be eaten?

    or strictly for decoration only?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to say they look like some form of kale, but you've got your answer already :) I've never seen such colours though! So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you know what, i have tons of pictures of those purple lettuce looking thingies! hee hee! two of the big gardens i visited (one in San Antonio and another in Dallas) have those purple bloooms! :) they'll make for wonderful decorations. :D

    ReplyDelete