Apple pork chops, with lots of surprises

Who says dinner pork chops always need to be lying flat and boring on a meal plate ?

Surprise #1 - pork chops in rounds! Pork-chop pops...pork-chop balls!

Would it please you to see pork chops...so dainty ?
Surprise #2 - tender juicy perfectly fried pork-chop balls

Quick high heat frying that assures you non-oily pork chops that retained natural flavor and moisture within . You will know it's tender (not dry and tough) when you can slice them so easily with a knife and fork.

Apple Pork-Chop Balls
Ingredients:
-Few pieces of pork tenderloin (Note: it depends on the kind of tenderloin you buy. If it's a thick cut of meat, make sure you slice them thinner (refer to collage)
-1-2 tsp soy sauce
- few dashes of ground white pepper
-1tsp rice wine
-1tsp brown sugar
-half a apple, peeled and cubed (refer to collage)
-corn flour

Directions:
1. Season/marinate the slices of pork with soy sauce, white pepper, sugar, rice wine
2. Lay the pieces of pork flat on a board, add in one to two apple cubes (depending on size), and roll them up into balls (as shown in collage), lightly pressing with fingers, to seal the open edges. Dust in some corn flour to prevent "disintegration", and to maintain "structure" in the pork-chop (Note: pineapple cubes will be a good alternative to apples)
3. Prepare hot oil for frying and fry at 15o-160degC till pork turn color (Note: Since it's a thin cut of meat, it will take only a while for the pork to cook through). Then set aside on paper towels to drain excess oil
4. Serve immediately

Surprise #3 - you find apples in there!

Burst of juice from the apples + "juice" from the pork...you discover a wonderful combination...what a fruity sensation

Surprise #4 - the savory taste of pork in your palate is enhanced by the hint of sweetness and tartness of apple segments

Surprise #5 - the slight crunch of apples with tender bites of pork

The casual vibe in pork PLUS the simplicity of an apple...but

Surprise #6 - brings you an incredulous new flavor and refreshing texture nuance


I've submitting this pork chop surprise to Cookthink's Root Source Challenge #8: Pork Chops. This is how I bring plain old boring pork chops to new heights! Enjoy...

Tag: ,

25 comments:

  1. Now That's What I Call ORIGINALITY!

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow ... APPLE pork chops ... this has got to be the most original pork chops I've ever heard! And it looks really yummy too! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Noobcook! Apple wrapped in pork chops. I think apple goes very well with pork.

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous and delicious!! love your creation tigerfish!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOOT~~Drooling...so does replacing the apples with pineapples make it a Hawaiian Pork Chop? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. *drooling big time* so yummy

    ReplyDelete
  7. every time i come to yr blog i paiseh post my own cooking e.g. rendang chicken. u r obviously a chef :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a clever idea! I'm bookmarking this for later :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome...!! thanks for sharing..!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love pork and apples together!

    These look so good, don't be surprised if they pop up all over restaurants in America! Pork pops! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. I looove pork chops, but with apple? Really? I will have to try it for myself! But the pork chop "pops" certainly look interesting - and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  12. ooo, the apple chops look cute! and yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Interesting! Must give it a try! Thks.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh wow, you are truely innovative and think outside of the box with this recipe! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks very interesting. I don't think I have ever seen pork in round ball shapes . Sounds good though.

    Sharona May

    ReplyDelete
  16. That looks so good! Just look at the huge chunks of apple!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That's wonderful! Bet the sweet and savory goes so well together. Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. i can imagine minced pork balls with an apple filling too!.. of course pork chop wrapped in a ball..thats amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is really a smart and tasty way to have your chops! I really really love the idea of munching on the apple smacked at its middle...yummm!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Whoa, that's wicked cool! My mom was just saying yesterday that it's been a long time since any of us have eaten pork chops, and it got me craving them. But this makes me crave them even more. Who'd have thought pork chops could be ball-shaped? Very inventive!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi tigerfish, thanks for dropping by mt blog. Yours looks great. Will be back to visit when have more time on my hands. Happy cooking!

    ReplyDelete
  22. pork and apple should get married. they go so well together. these will make fabulous finger food.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh, I always love to eat pork chop with apple sauce. Making them into balls sounds ... cute!

    I suppose you use green apple ya? I think red apples turn yellow very fast, at least to me as I would take a LONG time to make that dish.

    Hmmm ... I still unsure on how to "seal the open edges". It won't open up once dip onto hot oil? It is deep frying ya?

    ReplyDelete
  24. yummmm, can i replace the apples with cheese? hihihi

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hmmm! That definitely looks interesting and delicious, depending on how well cooked it is.

    Pork chops tend to be overly dry if they are overcooked or not eaten immediately.

    ReplyDelete