Hmmm, I'e never tried those. They make an excellent subject to photograph though! I like the texture in this photo, the table cloth, the wood bowl and the crackers themselves. Very easy on the eyes.
Too cruel :) Are you back in Asia right now? All these tantalizing little bits. I love those. I always buy some back! Biskut telinga ..great with some hot teh tarik..but then so is roti canai...or nasi lemak. I can't wait to go home in November!
hahahahah this is funny. I browsed around some Indonesian recipe of kuping gajah (literally translated: elephant's ear) and I saw a pic of kuping gajah in your blog. That is what we call for those crackers in Indonesia
oh!! I miss this cracker!!!.My recent trip back home I see it but when you're back home ,you have no desire to eat cracker,right.Looking for CKT,Prawn Mee,Curry Laksa and all yummy delicious vendor food.Should bring some home with me
Now this is a GREAT WW!!! LOL!
ReplyDeleteLike the way you see things :-)
What is that exactly? Is it like cracklin?
ReplyDeleteYeah! I remember! Haven't had these for donkey years. Haha...
ReplyDeleteinteresting! first time I've seen these type of cracker biscuits; am game enough to taste them! :)
ReplyDeletecool! they look appetizing enough for me! :D
ReplyDeletehappy WW
odd very odd but also nice;)
ReplyDeleteof pigs!!
ReplyDelete豬耳朵!!
hehe, we have these in Taiwan!!
= )
i have two packs in the kitchen right now...
ReplyDeleteDefinitely familiar to me :P I remember raiding my grandmother's cookie jar for those when I was younger :P
ReplyDeleteHmmm, I'e never tried those. They make an excellent subject to photograph though! I like the texture in this photo, the table cloth, the wood bowl and the crackers themselves. Very easy on the eyes.
ReplyDeleteHahaha, this will taste better than the real pig's ears to me! :P
ReplyDeleteMmm.. ear crackers.. sounds yummy.. haha ;) Nice pick for WW! Have a good day!
ReplyDeleteI was thinking these are flattened mushrooms. :)
ReplyDeleteif they're salty, i think i'd like to have some:)... are they really pig's ears or they're just called like that?
ReplyDeleteVanGogh would be pleased.
ReplyDeletebrings back memories, this is my primary school snack!
ReplyDeleteVery strange. I might have trouble eating the first bite but after that I'm sure I could handle the sound of the crunch.
ReplyDeleteThis reminds me of a biscuit that's popular to kids during my childhood days. It looks like an ear but only with a pink stripe.
ReplyDeleteI love Sandy Carlson's Van Gogh comment, lol!
ReplyDeleteI haven't seen those crackers in Spain, I wouldn't buy them!
Errrrr - right. Just hope you don't suddenly swallow a hearing aid!
ReplyDeleteyes, i've seen these at famima!!
ReplyDeletebiskut telinga! hahaha. yes of course i remember this thing. havent had it in years tho.
ReplyDeleteToo cruel :) Are you back in Asia right now? All these tantalizing little bits. I love those. I always buy some back! Biskut telinga ..great with some hot teh tarik..but then so is roti canai...or nasi lemak. I can't wait to go home in November!
ReplyDeleteI have never seen those before but they look interesting.
ReplyDeletehahahahah this is funny. I browsed around some Indonesian recipe of kuping gajah (literally translated: elephant's ear) and I saw a pic of kuping gajah in your blog. That is what we call for those crackers in Indonesia
ReplyDeleteOnce again, you've come up with something I've never seen or heard of. Wow!
ReplyDeleteoh!! I miss this cracker!!!.My recent trip back home I see it but when you're back home ,you have no desire to eat cracker,right.Looking for CKT,Prawn Mee,Curry Laksa and all yummy delicious vendor food.Should bring some home with me
ReplyDeleteHey. What happened to my comment? I left one yesterday. :( In VNese, these are called banh tai heo = pig's ear cookies.
ReplyDeleteI love this cracker too! Which reminded me haven't gotten any yet.
ReplyDeletewow!! would love to taste them!!i dont hear very well lately LOL, maybe i need them
ReplyDeletewow! during my childhood, my sister and I nicknamed this snack in hokkien dialect "gu mama eh hee kia" aka mother cow's ears.
ReplyDeletethanks for the memories!
Oh I love this ear biscuits. Been a long while since I ate some :) Have to put it in my 'must' buy list when I go home :)
ReplyDeletehahahahathe are my wifes!
ReplyDeleteWe have this as well in Indonesia.
ReplyDeleteWe called it "Kuping Gajah" means elephant ear.
I think they are super delicious.
Oh yes, those are my favorite.
ReplyDeleteA tad too oily for me though ...
they are pig ears! :D hehe i kinda of like them though as a child i didn't cuz of the name. :D
ReplyDeleteah ha I like this crackers. It call "kuping gajah" and translate in english is "elephant's ears" LOL
ReplyDeleteI remember this. from when i was a kid.. :) didn't think they still make them.. muahhaha!!
ReplyDeletehihih in indonesia, we call this "kuping gajah" (elephant's ear) hoho
ReplyDeleteI've never heard of them, but they look cool!
ReplyDeleteI remember those! Slightly sweet with the occasional nuttiness from sesame seeds...mmm. I may have to run out tomorrow and get some...
ReplyDelete