Kitchen, stovetop and ingredients lying around


SELF


That is (part of my) kitchen...in preparation for cooking. I've cleaned the vegetables, sliced the onions and carrots. Mushrooms - not much handling required. I'll use straight from the pack. Ditto for the meat. I don't have much storage area in this kitchen for pots and pans, so I just leave them on the stove when I'm cooking and when I'm NOT cooking.

What's for dinner? Make a guess :)

How long do you typically need or take to make a decent and simple meal --> from preparation (including cleaning the vegetables, etc) to cooking ? Maybe I am slow but I do take quite a bit of time cleaning the vegetables and sometimes, the cutting, slicing etc. Minus all the preparation, cooking can be accomplished in 15mins or less.

Tag:

22 comments:

  1. Mixed vegetable for dinner tonite? :P

    I take a long time to prepare, short time to cook and FOREVER to wash up!! *LOL*

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very clean kitchen! Hope you enjoyed your meal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Self, meaning self cleaning? Just kidding!!! Looks like one super meal to be sure.

    Mine's posted. "I'll show you mine if you show me yours". [and it's not what you think! ::giggles::]

    ReplyDelete
  4. i have no idea!!hahah must be tawinese dish..,

    i cant take a photo of my kitchen its too messy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your kitchen look less messy then mine:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll have some, please! :)

    Happy Hunting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I keep some pots on the stove too. No more room.

    Better to take your time and have clean vegetables than to toss it in and eat a bug. :P

    Last night I boiled amaranth/red spinach leaves for dinner with fish sauce for dipping and rice. Then my friend called and invited me to dinner, so I had dumplings instead. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhhh.... you inspire me. I wish I was more of a real "cook" these days.
    I used to love it, but for the past few years I've gotten into an awful rut where I mostly just microwave everything.

    So, what's for dinner?
    Soup?
    Homemade pot pie?
    Primavera?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I rarely do any cooking in my kitchen because I hate the smell of food in my small apartment. Plus I hate cleaning up. :-)

    I hide my pots & pans in the oven. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The preparation time.. and the cleaning time.. is way too long for me. But having said that. .i love stewing my food.. so that's actually longer eh..?

    ReplyDelete
  11. must be yumm!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hmm... I think my fastest cooking time (including preparation) was 20 mins. The worst is when I cook oven bake food - at least 1 1/2 hours to 2 hours! BTW, what were you cooking then?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cooking time can usually take less than 5 mins for a Chinese type stir fry dish. But to make a good dish, I believe preparation is the key, including how you cut up your ingredients. I spend ages cutting beef into a specific shape for my stir fries as it is such a fragile meat to cook.

    ReplyDelete
  14. stirfried veggies with minced pork/beef ...i guess :D
    i'm coming over, make sure there is plenty to go around.

    ReplyDelete
  15. not fair! where are you?! hee hee. :) your kitchen is so immaculately clean. i suddenly have the urge to clean my right now!

    have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your kitchen looks so spotless. I wonder how much time you spend keeping it that way?

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think my prev comment is lost :/

    Anyway I was just saying that your kitchen looks so super clean & organised, unlike mine which is like a war zone whenever there is activity.

    Are u making beef noodles?

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's the same with me, the preparation takes the longest and cooking is usually a 15 minute affair (at least for pasta and Chinese dishes). I usually take between 45-60 minutes from reaching for my apron to sitting down at the table. That includes taking way to many photos of the finished dishes sometimes :p

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yeah, preparation time takes longer while cooking time is about 10-15 mins. I can see why many people seldom cook because the preparation and cleaning time is way much longer than the eating time. LOL

    But if I'm cooking a simple zha jiang mian. Preparation to cooking takes about 20mins?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Please pardon my late visit. Looks like a lovely and well organized kitchen. I admire your love for cooking and preparing delicious meals for the special people in your life.

    ReplyDelete