Not all crabs are made equal



Taken at The Fish Market, Palo Alto

Dungeness Crab season usually runs from November till June in the West Coast, United States. Here are a few places you can have these crabs in San Francisco, Bay Area and along the Coast (Monterey, CA)

Fishermen's Grotto #9
Fishermen's Wharf , San Francisco
-->Hear about our revenge.

The Fish Market
3150 El Camino Real
Palo Alto, CA 94306
Other locations available (refer to website)

Phil's Fish Market and Eatery
7600 Sandholtd Rd.
Moss Landing, CA 95039
--> The cioppino is really really good! Delicious!

If you are interested in crabs mountain, Vegas got it!

Taken at Paradise Garden Buffet, Flamingo Las Vegas

At home, you can have your own steamed crabs or make Singapore Chilli Crabs - Cheat Sheet #1, Singapore Chilli Crabs - Cheat Sheet #2

What type of crabs do you like? Mud, Sri Lanka, Soft-Shelled, Alaskan King, Snow...etc ? Your preferred way of how it is cooked?

Tag: ,

22 comments:

  1. what a huge mountain of crabs! O_O

    I had that huge crab with clam chowder and sourdough bread when I was at fisherman wharf @ San Fran ... brings back so many memories. I want to go back, heh...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll take Sri Lanka crabs or snow crab steamed anytime!! :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. gasp!! The legends are true..there is a crab mountain..should bring my father there man....aye!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That. is. huge.

    Wow.

    Looks really juicy too!!!

    I'm not very familiar with different kinds of crabs, all I know is that I like to eat them. Haha! Ignorance can be bliss.

    Happy WW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love crabs, any kind and cooked in whatever ways.

    But I love cold crabs best and they must have creamy roes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love the hairy crabs most! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh man, I want 10 kilos of those, please!!

    Have a great Wednesday to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love crab but to eat huge crabs i may think twice ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. now, i have a question.can i do it with chili crab.
    I have some now, my neighbor gave me 4. we call this spider crab here.
    I always love to fish ojut your recipes.
    Happy WW.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Never had the chance to savour Dungeness Crab before... but you sure got my attention with the mountain of crabs! Whoa, Nelly...

    ReplyDelete
  11. That top photo is almost gross. But the bottom one?---------YUMMY!

    Do stop by my W W share, won't you?

    ReplyDelete
  12. am not too sure what type of crabs we have around here, but they are certainly not that big! :)
    i like them cooked in coconut milk ... or sometimes simply boiled in water with some herbs, together with hot steaming rice.
    now your making me hungry!! lol. ;P

    ReplyDelete
  13. i am laughing at at that huge mountain of crabs you took ~ WILD....great shot of living large in vegas!

    ReplyDelete
  14. nice photo...and i love your caption!

    happy WW!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a weird looking crab! That crab mountain is really scary ... seriously ... ha ha ha.

    Boy, I miss Vegas.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, that's a huge pile of crabs. I never get tired of eating crabs. I love szechuan and chili crabs.

    ReplyDelete
  17. i love (mild) chili crabs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love mudcrabs with lots of roes. Preferably steamed but actually anything will do for me except eating it cold like those served in buffet.

    ReplyDelete
  19. pink crabs we haven't seen thus far !
    do they taste pinky too ?

    ReplyDelete
  20. That is a mountain of crabs! I just recently tried crab and I really enjoyed it. Now I am craving some crab...

    ReplyDelete
  21. My god. That mountain of crab is making my heart go pitter patter with excitement :D

    ReplyDelete
  22. Holly,
    It's like a mountain full of crabs!

    ReplyDelete