Starbucks drive-through and in the mountains


Starbucks at Cheng Huang Miao (上海城隍庙, Temple of the City's Gods), Shanghai VS this one...in Alishan (阿里山, Mount Ali), Taiwan. Both interesting locations. No sunrise and sunset. I can only give you Starbucks at the top of the mountains, and some high mountain tea of Alishan.




For your interest, Starbucks is known as 星巴克 (Xin Ba Ke, in Mandarin). I did not know that till I came to Taiwan.

Also, I like the Starbucks drive-through around US. I wonder if Starbucks have that in other countries.


Tag: ,

18 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow..you have great weekend...

    Mine in here Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is interesting.

    Mine is up too. Hope you can drop by.

    View from the top

    Happy WS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a lot more colorful than the ones around here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting location for a Starbucks. We have lots here (in Japan) but no drivethrus.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Does your local Starbucks have any menu items specific to Taiwan? The American Starbucks looks quite drab in comparison!

    ReplyDelete
  7. interesting...

    visit my WS too here

    ReplyDelete
  8. woooohoooo! starbucks. I wish and hope that i can visit that place too. love collecting their citymugs collections.

    ReplyDelete
  9. 星巴克...Direct translation arh :P
    Win liow

    ReplyDelete
  10. What interesting shots!! I have seen Starbucks in a number of cities but never a drive-through nor in the mountains!! great shots!

    ReplyDelete
  11. isn't it simply wonderful that the symbiotic love relationship between USA & Taiwan has now taken the duo to the top of the world , just like my asustek and window xp

    wish the rest of the world could follow suit ( like tiger & fish , how nice )

    toni

    ReplyDelete
  12. i've always taken the phrase "starbucks has taken over the world" for granted, especially since i say it myself countless times.
    but this is it, man.

    if it's plopped itself atop a mountain and set up a drive-thru, I'm completely speechless.

    thanks tigerfish for showing me another side of the world! love it.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. definitely no drive thru in malaysia..would die for 1..

    ReplyDelete
  14. i was definitely thrilled that there are a lot of drive-thru Starbucks outlets here in the US. i don't know if we already have this in the Philippines since i've been gone (a full year now!).

    ReplyDelete
  15. very interesting, have yet to have this in KL, drive through SC!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful location for a Starbucks! Much nicer than the one near me....

    ReplyDelete
  17. I haven't seen one in either France or Spain... But, then, the coffee here is pretty good, unlike the dishwater one used to get in the U.S.
    Love the store front!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have not heard of drive-through one in the UK. However, as a non-coffee drinker, I love the hot chocolate from there - esp. when waiting for a flight at an airport.

    ReplyDelete