Club sandwich, breakfast steak, poutine - what a satisfying brunch!

Remember I posted about poutine some time ago? This was the same place we had brunch on a lazy Saturday. The poutine was a side-order, just in case we were not fed well as we were eating two meals (breakfast and lunch) in one :D


Club sandwich is one of my favorite sandwiches of all times. It is not available everywhere. But whenever I see it on the same day I'm craving for sandwiches, club sandwich it will be!


Weren't these the same fries that were used in the poutine? :P


Obviously it is my favorite! I have so many snap shots of it.

The other order was the breakfast steak. It looks much better than I thought. A breakfast steak tends to leave me an impression of Denny's breakfast (I do not know why) and I don't fancy that.


I think I was too quick to make my decision statement. It looks hearty to me when it turned out more "English" style. Yum!

In Casa Restaurant
華美街334號
334, HuaMei Street
Taichung, Taiwan

The weekend is here! Will you be having brunch tomorrow? Or any plans for a different breakfast? Hope I have made you hungry for breakfast :D

For me, I will be busy cleaning up the "house". Yes. I am putting up in a hotel (which sucks in terms of the rates they charge for internet, printing, use of meeting room etc) till I moved into my own personal shell called "home". And the movers made me unhappy yesterday by telling us our shipment is only going to arrive end of August! It is taking so long!

The sandwich will be going to Greedy Gourmet's Sandwich Snapshots.

Tag: , ,

21 comments:

  1. I'm hungry and I don't usually eat breakfast.

    So, are you going to be in Taiwan now? Permanently?

    ReplyDelete
  2. that looks like a HUGE breakfast! Well, I suppose it is a good start to the day. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's breakfast time here and oh boy am I getting hungry at this sight...Yum!
    Obviously the movers didn't had these club sandwiches for breakfast ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love huge breakfasts! i havent been to taichung but will rely on your blogs for food guidance :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. GRRR! My favourite sandwich too! Best eaten while lying by a pool in a fancy hotel - LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are you permanently in Taiwan then? I thought you were gonna move back to California?

    ReplyDelete
  7. hmmm its been a while since i made or even ate a club sandwich. It always brings back memories of our childhood, by the poolside on sundays and french fries n club sandwiches ...:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Still not finished with your moving? I'm going to Taiwan this month. Confirmed. :)

    A little bird told me you're in SIN. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. nothing beats a good and a heavy breakfast!! yummy i want some more

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looking at those sandwiches, I'm tempted to make some!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah, the joys of moving. When I was a kid, my family moved around internationally a lot and it usually took 3-4 months for our sea freight shipment to arrive. When it finally did, it was like having Christmas early! Good luck with your move!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OK. Time now is 3am and after seeing these realistic mouth watering pictures, I feel darn hungry.

    Hmmm ... I think club sandwich is very doable. I wonder why I have not made one in my life at all?!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The club sandwich looks really good. I love a good ham and cheese sandwich on warm days.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Errr... I don't think the club sandwiches and the breakfast steak would be enough for my brunch although they do look yummy to me... haha. Too bad, I'm a big eater.

    http://crizfood.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks so yummy! Nowadays, I am starting to like lighter foods that are less cloying and calorific in a bid to reduce my fatty tummy. I think moderation is the key, without sacrificing on eating the good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh this meal looks so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I know such English (or American, even) breakfasts are supposed to be real greasy, but I find them really refreshing after our local fare (nasi lemak anyone?)

    Gonna have a bit of both tomorrow... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. You mention the "poutine" post again, but I want another picture of that cheese curd + gravy deliciousness! Well, I guess the amazing breakfast pictures will have to do. I've missed you a lot Teczcape, sorry for my lack of comments. I am just catching up w/my fave food blogs now.

    ReplyDelete
  19. yr food photography is getting better all the time. the sandwiches look wonderful. the stir fried pasta in another post looks great too

    ReplyDelete
  20. such a sumptuous brunch ... and I love your photos!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  21. The Club sandwich is just a classic, isn't it? No wonder it is on a lot of restaurants menues. Thanks for participating in SnackShots!

    ReplyDelete