I used to attack all the pineapple tarts during CNY, but due to my health reasons. I stopped having pineapple a couple of years ago. Somehow, looking at these shots of the pineapple cakes make my mouth water!
I really like the pastry as well as the pineapple filling. Nothing compares to the ones from Taiwan as the pastry just melts in your mouth and they arent overly too sweet. I usually buy them from the airport as I'm just to lazy to shop around in Taipei. It cost more but Worth every penny spent.
I'm not a fan of these Chinese cakes (pineapple, strawberry, etc) because the cake portion tastes like saw dust and falls apart too easily. Most are made with cheap hydrogenated palm oil - yuck.
I love the concept though! Imagine if the cakes were made with real butter and the inside were real pineapple chutney (like pineapple tarts).
You're making me so hungry! Happy WW! :)
ReplyDeleteyes, i like! :)
ReplyDeleteyummm...love durians, too.
I used to attack all the pineapple tarts during CNY, but due to my health reasons. I stopped having pineapple a couple of years ago. Somehow, looking at these shots of the pineapple cakes make my mouth water!
ReplyDeleteGosh, I need something sweet now :P
Poutine for dinner and the Taiwanese pineapple cake for dessert. Perfect meal :D
ReplyDeleteSuperb pics tigerfish. I wishh I could reach into the screen :)
I love this too! Guess anything with pineapple filling I like. Oh, happy shopping in S'pore!
ReplyDeleteThat is just the perfect dessert for my WW (chuckle)
ReplyDeleteThey look so yummylicious I am now very very hungry!!!
Oh my, I love pineapple tart! That type that you posted in your site!
ReplyDeleteI can just eat and eat and eat and never stop!
So you are visiting Singapore soon? I will see some local food featured in your site soon eh? :)
PS. Love durians too.
You're always hopping around lady! I can't keep up.
ReplyDeleteI haven't had these in ages!!! I need to go get some NOW!!! Hahaha...
ReplyDeleteI like that and the green tea ones.
ReplyDeleteUse to eat it alot.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteThat sure does look good!
ReplyDeleteI've tried pineapple cakes before..but not the one from Taiwan. But am pretty sure it tastes great as well.
ReplyDeleteI've had these but I still prefer the Malaysian version... The pastry is divine. :D
ReplyDeleteI really like the pastry as well as the pineapple filling. Nothing compares to the ones from Taiwan as the pastry just melts in your mouth and they arent overly too sweet. I usually buy them from the airport as I'm just to lazy to shop around in Taipei. It cost more but Worth every penny spent.
ReplyDeleteOh, no, durians! Can't we stay with pineapple???
ReplyDeleteoh my, this is easily one of my favorite snacks.
ReplyDeleteWow - perfect dessert after my Lebanese meal :)
ReplyDeleteIt looks delicious. It must be moist and soft to eat.
ReplyDeleteoh this is also called taiwanese pineapple tart which contain salted egg yolk! very yummy! . . . . come over to KL when you are back in Singapore!
ReplyDeletenice photos :)~ Welcome (back) to Singapore!! ^^
ReplyDeleteooooo.. i have tried this before!
ReplyDeletecolleague who went to TW bought this back for us. it's yummmmy!
there's other flavours too right? and the packaging was very nice too!
mmm that looks good! ive never heard of such a dish! i'm going to have to try it!
ReplyDeleteI'm not a fan of these Chinese cakes (pineapple, strawberry, etc) because the cake portion tastes like saw dust and falls apart too easily. Most are made with cheap hydrogenated palm oil - yuck.
ReplyDeleteI love the concept though! Imagine if the cakes were made with real butter and the inside were real pineapple chutney (like pineapple tarts).
You should try to make that and post it. :-)
haha...these never tasted anything like pineapple to me, but i love them all the same! i can eat a pack of them on my own when i'm feeling ambitious.
ReplyDeleteI got to your blog through Kevin's (Closet Cooking), and I just have to tell you that your photos are truly, truly gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteanybody have a good recipe for this? :D
ReplyDeletebuttery shortbread "cake" wit pineapple paste, a heavenly combination.
ReplyDelete