Yellow watermelon - instant chilled desserts


Forget about making cold mango desserts and chilled grass jelly, this can be a thirst quencher!



A yellow watermelon has less beta carotene compared to a red one.


Do you have a preference for red or yellow watermelons ?

Tag: ,

15 comments:

  1. I definitely prefer the red watermelon... richer colour and flavour. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't tell the difference in taste if u blindfold me, keke... but i think red looks prettier ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. this melon looks awesome, I bought one imported melon from china last weekend, tested, was honey sweet but the one I bought home was not! :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yellow for sure. It's sweeter to me for some reason..

    ReplyDelete
  5. It doesn't matter to me yellow or red as long as it's sweet. Seedless preferred. Hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i prefer the red ones... but you're right, they're really great as thirst quencher --- whether they are red or yellow :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I prefer the red ones but it's nice to have the yellow watermelons occasionally.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I almost never see yellow watermelons in the markets near me, so it's a treat whenever I do find it. I like to drizzle it with lime and a bit of agave nectar.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Interesting that you brought up the topic of watermelon. In CNN Video today, there is a report saying that watermelon has Viagra-like effects for consumers.

    Hmmm.

    http://edition.cnn.com/video/#/video/living/2008/07/02/napp.watermelon.new.viagra.kens

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never had yellow watermelon but I imagine that they are just as good as the red one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yeah, I had some yellow watermelon back in M'sia. Over here, thus far I only see red seedless watermelon. It's the season again, going to buy more again later.

    ReplyDelete
  12. watermelon...chilled...any color will do for me

    excellent for hot days, slurpppp

    ReplyDelete
  13. I tried yellow watermelon last year too. It didn't taste as flavorful as the red one.

    ReplyDelete
  14. as long as it is sweet and juicy, and out of the fridge, i will take both red or yellow.

    oh, i always thought yellow ones are seedless. hmmm

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is really good blog..


    Thanks for sharing...
    ___________________
    Andrew
    Lock in your price today for Your favorite channels - and keep it there until 2010!

    ReplyDelete