In case you did not know (cos I didn't), kiwi grows as vines!

They don't ripen till they are plucked off the vine. These are certainly some kiwi facts that I did not know. I was planning to pick (and pluck off) the ripened tender-soft ones. Obviously, there was none.
I have also read somewhere that you can eat the kiwi skins. Yes, the flurry skins. The last time I used kiwi in cooking was to make Kiwi-Mango Salsa. Other times, I just eat kiwi as-is: slice them into half and scoop the flesh off the skin with a teaspoon. Is that how you do it too?

If you are in Northern California, you can pick kiwi at Swanton Coastways Ranch U-Pick.- the same place where I picked my organic strawberries and ollalieberries during summer.

Kiwi U-Pick 2011: is OPEN NOW! (of course, always check their site for latest update or call 831-469-8804 before making the trip)
Kiwi U-Pick 2011 opens on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays from 10am-4pm!
Swanton Coastways Ranch U-Pick
640 Highway 1 Pescadero, CA 94060
Tag: u pick kiwi, kiwi picking
An Escape to Food on Facebook
No comments:
Post a Comment