If your appetite is not huge, a lunch plate may just be sufficient. Here's their menu .
Texas BBQ Ribs, and Sweet Willy's Wet Ribs, tried and tasted!
We made sure only bones were left (where's the dog?)
Armadillo Willys
161 E El Camino Real
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
(other locations)
Price: $$
Taste index:
Tag: western, texas BBQ, BBQ, BBQ ribs, bay area food
Tigerfish,
ReplyDeleteDepends on the chain. And depends on the location. But those ribs sure look good.
Wandering chopsticks, which common chain is a no-no? I will try to avoid. :)
ReplyDeleteThe other chain I like is IN-N-OUT.
Wah the ribs are so 'clean' ah! Must be very good hor! aiyo, the portions so huge, I sure cannot finish wan!
ReplyDeleteTigerfish,
ReplyDeleteIt's all personal preference isn't it? And depends on what I'm craving at the time. But for overall food, I've never cared much for TGI Friday's or Old Spaghetti Factory.
If you like ribs though, Chili's half rack for $9.99? is a pretty good deal. I think it's part of their 3-course combo so salad and dessert too. And the ribs come with choice of potatoes I think. Sorry, it's been a while since I've gone.
Applebee's is similar with 3-course combos too. But their happy hour and late night specials are good deals.
I like Olive Garden for their breadsticks. I think their pasta is just so-so.
Macaroni Grill serves really good foccacia and they give you olive oil and balsamic vinegar for dipping. Their pastas are a little overpriced and so-so also.
Of course, that's b/c I find it really simple to make pastas so I'm not easily impressed.
And I like pretty much everything from Claim Jumper and Cheesecake Factory.
That's all the chains I can think of at the moment. It's probably easier if you tell me what you want to eat and I can give you some pointers. :P
Those are killer ribs, man! They look really meaty, but you did a good job in stripping them, haha!! :)
ReplyDeleteECL, the portions are not huge lah-我还觉得不够! Only about 4 ribs per person. So little... Somemore, you know 排骨 lah, 只有骨, 没有肉!
ReplyDeleteWandering chopsticks, I have not tried ALL of the ABOVE :O, though have always thought of trying AppleBee and Olive Garden (oh, and also Red Lobster) after watching the TV ads. Not one of them is nearby to where I stay (one reason). But if I happen to be in an area when I see those next time, I will try as you suggested. Thanks!
ReplyDeleteAnd Cheesecake Factory, I only tried the cheesecake and not their sit-down lunches/dinners. Love their cheesecakes but bit pricey.
shilpa, I am tiger mah! You have seen tigers not attacking ferociously in the presence of juicy meat meh, LOL!
ReplyDeleteOh Tigerfish,
ReplyDeleteThe name is a misnomer. I don't care much for Cheesecake Factory's cheesecakes at all. But I love almost everything else on the menu. And they have huge salads.