The sampan did not "float" us to Alcatraz island, fortunate or unfortunate. I still manage to capture this "historic" moment while floating in the sampan.
What can be luckier than striking the mega million TOTO or lottery - I know the other five so-called strangers (survivors), by their (real, or ficticious) names in the same sampan! I could die from hunger in this island, but definitely not from boredom. How can the world be flatter than that (I asked Thomas L.Friedman) ?
For making me jump onto that sampan, eastcoastlife, I have you to thank...你真的 托我下水!
Among all the ladies, we have a simshaddy chris. Why was this "male escapist" among us? I gathered he was
And how do you expect me to cook in a deserted island when there are no ingredients, no frying pan, no stove ? TastyFish, be afraid, be very afraid. With no food around, you will be gone in 60secs when all human beings go hungry and decide to "pengkang" (barbequed) you like a fish in banana leaves. I'm not afraid... not afraid of being your prey because we all have Rasa Malaysia, MeltingWok and Shilpa around.
With her love for the islands (I remember Rasa Malaysia said, twice), I choose to believe she will turn the deserted/haunted island to a tropical and vibrant spot. Gradually, all of us will forget the "pain and trauma" that the "sinking disaster" has brought us, and immersed in an
No frying pan in the island? Why need one when there is a MeltingWok? She could melt your tastebuds with her "wokful" of asian (exotic) mushrooms (some ingredients that we may have a 0.1% chance of finding, in a deserted island) and exotic cooking.
Running out of ingredients in the island? (why are coconut trees, always and only, associated with an island?) Shilpa can do the out-of-the-box cooking. With nothing but island ingredients (eg. mosquitoes, creepy-crawler insects, grasses, bushes, lava sand...and coconut)...she may give us out-of-the-world dishes. Who says we can't have lava sand chocolate fudge in a deserted island when she can do grasshopper tiramisu?
We are all stranded, tired and exhausted! C'mon...who wants to do the cooking? Let's just have Nata de Coco everything with all the coconut trees and fruits we can find, ok?
Our "...only hope is to keep a signal fire going as long as there's light to see".
Source of inspiration -
Ingredients:
-2 cups movie "Titanic"
-1tbsp movie "Gone in 60secs"
-1tbsp book "The World is Flat by Thomas L Friedman
-1/2 cup novel "Lord of the Flies" by William Golding
Method:
1."Massage" ingredients with pinch of salt and pepper, toss!
2.Serve "story"
Ooohh... I'd be in seventh heaven indeed! Surrounded by a bevy of beauties in the island.... woa..
ReplyDeleteDreams are made of these ... LOL.
So, how should the Tasty Fish be done? Grilled, or BBQ? wahaha..
Woah, very impressive and humorous piece of wok, I mean work. You have a knack of relating everything to food, haven't you? Haha. This post proves that you can diversify into other areas and perform just as well as in food. Well done!
ReplyDeleteWah!
ReplyDeleteNo wonder you say siong! Who ask you write liddat la! 青出于蓝喔!
How come only one guy? Not enough to go around leh! Woman, one year leh! I have to wait 4 days before my turn hor! What if come to my turn, at that time he cannot stand oredi? You want me to be starved izzit? This one arh, good food also cannot make me satisfied. Looks like I am destined to play with fruits for the rest of my life. sigh.....
You people so jiak ark (evil)!
Wow, salute to your wild creative minds. I don't mind getting stranded on an island with 5 blogger friends...but I must make it clear...not an island like Alcatraz!!! It's got to be tropical (I love sleeveless and light clothings), the sea color must be crystal clear azure color, and the sand must be as fine as powder. Then no problem, I will turn it into an all-inclusive exclusive certified 6-star uber boutique private island spa resort with overwater bungalows complete with signature massage services: Malay, Thai, Japanese, Swedish, and the combo. ;)
ReplyDeleteWah tiger, tankew tankew, so honoured that you want my company, but I scared leh... tiger when hungry, no such thing as friends one, fill up stomach more important than friendship, right or not? haha, think I don't know your ulterior motive!
ReplyDeleteECL, now you see why I take so long to write mine? Most of the bloggers I know are foodies, of which very few are guys! :)
Chris, you thot really 天堂 ah ! Coz' you are the only guy, you are supposed to help us do all the 粗活 eg. gather the logs,start the SOS fire,find the "ingredients" we need for "cooking", protect us from wild and ferocious animals and insects...
ReplyDeleteBetter stop dreaming and start working liow...BUAHAHAHAHAH!
So, NOW, go find the wooden branches first, start the fire, then see if grilled or BBQ nicer, k? :p
Victor, kekekeke..I was laughing when I read yours! So now the result liddat lor! :D What can I diversify to har...you teow me leh?
ReplyDeleteECL, siong ah! Recently got so many "special" project and homework :O
Where got 青出于蓝?! 你们才是姜是"老"的辣! Oh, not old not old, it's 有经验! Aiya...you prefer low-hanging fruits(easy target) or higher (hard-to-get)ones? Heh heh!
RM-hahahaha...the sampan knew you don't like Alcatraz,and brought you to some other island lah!LOL! It's a deserted island about to turn tropical. The only guy there can filter the sea water till crystal clear, 把沙磨成粉, then it's all yours to turn to many many stars tropical resort :D
ReplyDeleteshilpa, hee hee...why you expose the secret? Aiya!
ReplyDeleteHee hee, because of that, I dinch include you! I finish my homework liao! :)
ReplyDelete