Laksa - @ home, on-site Centerpoint , on-site Katong

Laksa recipe - preparation time ~45mins; cooking time ~25mins.

I need my laksa without the hassle, without the sweat - the cheat-sheet version.

I look at that laksa ready-to-cook pack and the ready-to-cook pack look at me;
Use me, use me, it says. I'm easy and tasty (guarantee!);
Without hesitation, I reach out for that pack (even came with laksa leaves!);
How authentic can it get.

In 5mins-prepared my own noodles, eggs, and prawns, I had this ready


Within 15mins-cooked the gravy, topped over noodles, ready to be devoured...

This is curry laksa, or laksa lemak(with coconut gravy). There is also a assam version. If you want to add more ingredients such as Yong Tau Foo, you could. But I could forgo that because there is already more than enough going on.

My laksa (a.k.a Prima Taste @home), Prima Taste laksa @Centerpoint, and Katong Laksa.

Tag: , ,

24 comments:

  1. Hi Tigerfish,

    Thanks for stopping by my blog. I always feel excited when people come by to pay me a visit. You are in California. The next time i go there, I will make sure to read your blog carefully to find out which restaurant is good. Have a good night....

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey tigerfish,
    that reminds me! I haven had laksa for ages!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh tigerfish, you must have lugged a carton of Prima mixes home huh?
    I have yet to try Prima's local dishes.

    I doubt I would try them becos I'm in Singapore ma! Anytime can go eat the best local food! muahahahaha..... 气死你!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love prima taste too... used to buy it from their restaurant at centerpoint when I was in SG.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cheaterbug, cheaterbug!! :) Where's the "harm" (cockles)? I like laksa, though not crazy about it, but this looks good and authentic!

    Are the noodles also from Prima? They look so nice and springy, hate you!!! I don't think I can find them here!

    You know what? Just to make you fed-up, I'll go and have a bowl of it with ECL in May, and take pictures for you, mwahahaha!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. makes me wanna eat laksa!

    how many boxes do you lug back to US everytime?

    I remember once, lugging nearly 20 boxes of various premix to friend in Aust when visiting them. LOL! Until customs ask me questions.

    ReplyDelete
  7. tigerfish,
    you've been tagged! Go to my latest post for details. hehehe...

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow. as good as the real thing, huh? it'll come in useful when you want a HUGE midnight snack. Guaranteed cannot sleep after that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks yummy! Can't believe that came from a mix.

    ReplyDelete
  10. leeping, I do not have too many restaurant reviews for you, oops! Just a few...so anytime, just go to food review and pick your choice either from S'pore, or CA, or sometimes even other states :D

    zhenning, what ages? At most 1-yr, since you are so young?! LOL! When I have not had anything for ages, it's really ages...(while I aged).

    ReplyDelete
  11. ECL, you biased lah you, how you know Prima is not good local food? Just because it's "commercialized" does not mean it's no good. But hor, 你说的对! I'll do the same if I were you:O
    Prima can be bought here, so no need to move a carton here...a luggage will do....buahahahahah!

    ReplyDelete
  12. lydia, I bought mine at the same place the last time, because I had to help someone get those huge party-packs! Can be a party- or potluck- convenience :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Shilpa, I am not the only cheaterbug ard, if not, Prima wld not have made this range of product...kekeke

    Oh, mine is the non-"harm-"ful version (the coconut will inflict some harm, though). You are more high-tech than Prima leh, even
    want to have "instant" chor bee hoon(thick noodle). Prima very smart-they even know chor bee hoon might not be too easily available, so for consumers like you, they ask you to use other noodle eg spaghetti. Buahahha...I got the noodle (Vnese product) from the Asian supermarket. So, 1st pix is all DIY, then the Prima ready -to-cook gravy is PIY (pour it yourself!).
    I only have one pack for the Laksa (compared to 3-4 packs of Mee Reebus, and Mee Siam). But all of them are good! You can bring one of each back to France.
    With the love you have for green chillis (those you used in Vadai), you can add lots to the Mee Rebus! Shiok!

    ReplyDelete
  14. keropok man, I thought you just had the laksa yong tau foo in Centerpoint? 20 boxes!!! :O Of course the customs stop you lah!

    ECL, how come tag me again? Always must give me homework to do! Ok ok, when must passup? Compulsory or not?
    ;p

    ReplyDelete
  15. lyrical lemongrass, yes, this is handy when I surf all of your "can see cannot eat" food blogs late at night, then I can only eat something as authentic, and as easy as this :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wandering Chopsticks, I also could not believe it came out of a mix. I'm very sure not all kinds of mix work well. Prima works! (at least for Curry Chicken, Mee Siam, Laksa, Mee Rebus)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I tried this before. Not bad! It even comes with the laksa leaves. Just that my friend overcooked the noodles so it didn't taste like Katong Laksa.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Does the noodles taste like real laksa noodles? Spaghetti tastes like ... spaghetti! Not good at all. What's the brand called?

    ReplyDelete
  19. simcooks,it is very thick. Gravy is much much thicker than S'pore curry.

    Ray, you mean my noodles here? These are the thick white bee hoon (the laksa noodle). But the "Prima" instructions did say substitutions with other noodle can be done. Perhaps the thin bee hoon (rice vermicelli) is a better substitution?
    The premix brand is Prima-available in Ranch99.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ambui, looks soooo good sekali...the only thing missing is the cockles...do they put cockles in SIN?

    ReplyDelete
  21. RM-some do add "hum"(cockles, aka "harm" like what shilpa said); some don't. One of the famous Laksa in SIN even cut their chor bee hoon(thick noodle) into bite-size so that you just use a spoon to scoop everything! No need chopsticks-just spoon ;p

    ReplyDelete
  22. Looks really good! Maybe I should buy a pack and try!

    ReplyDelete
  23. wokking mum, for the time you saved, this is something you could try!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Mmm...I could eat shrimp every day. But that wouldn't be too healthy. ;P

    ReplyDelete