have you got the recipe somewhere for this? It looks truly mouth-watering, I have the whole chicken to go through this week so I'm thinking of doing chicken curry for one night. Thing is, except for Vietnamese curry and Thai curry I don't really know how to make any other types of curry. It would be nice if you can post the recipe up here. Cheers. :D
pablopabla, you mean the roti prata or the curry? hee heee
wandering chopsticks, I bought frozen ones! :O ...the ones(prata) made on-site in Sg, have to be tossed up and turned around and around...and use lotsa of oil. I don't have the skills yet!
precious pea, this is not indian ler...more singaporean, i thought malaysian too?
ben, I just made a public announcement in one of the comments. :D The only thing DIY is the pairing combo (i.e to eat the curry with prata)....hohhohohohoh. Well, also I heat up those prata, and also cook the curry using curry premix.
ming merciless, yes...the more I read, the more I'm getting educated that S'porean call it prata, Malaysians call it chanai/canai.
Curry and Prathat looks really yummy, got question for you, do you know of a good recipe for cakes? Any kind, I want to make a cake for my hubby's burfday.
keropok man, but roti prata too limp ler...I think it cannot support all the toppings! Sure pi jia!! But maybe can make into calzone pizza hor? LOL! Curry of course looks good lah, if not, how Prima make money??? LOL!
Thr prata looks fluffy and yummy. You bought it in the states? There should be lots of Indian food and ingredients because there are many Indians living in US, rite?
shilpa, wah...your school canteen has chicken curry arh? my sch canteen only got cabbage+fishball curry...but it's still "drinkable"...yes, can drink the curry wan...coz quite diluted!
simcooks, the fish curry was rather mild, so is the chicken curry. But you're right...when the weather starts to warm up, might be too heaty hor?
ECL, no lah, if go to usual Asian grocery store, won't find many indian ingredients, unless head towards indian specialty grocery store. I never buy from indian grocery store before coz I need shilpa around to identify the ingredients. I only know THAT few. :O
So, when is cricket being declared a national sport of Singapore? Buahahahha....
cool insider, you are indeed sharp, with those "detective" eyes. You're right! From the color of the curry, you know it's lemak! Yes yes!The color tells you if it's good or not-so-good curry, right?
I know how to flip the prata using the usual pan spatula (like doing my omelette)..hee heee. I can't dunno how to make them "fly in the air"...like a flying blanket. LOL!
precious pea, weird...the roti canai I've tried taste similar to prata. Just that canai tends to be thinner, lighter and more crispy. Hmmm....but you asked from the source, should be right. :D Thks!
This is more like it! :)
ReplyDeleteIs the roti homemade? I want the recipe! I can eat tons of 'em. :)
ReplyDeleteWahh...into Indian cuisine lately?
ReplyDeleteDid you make all these yourself? They look delicious!
ReplyDeleteI order roti chanai whenever I go to the Malaysian restaurants in NYC. I love the crusty, flaky roti. Yummy!
ReplyDeletehey, the roti prata, if got extra, i think you can use it for the base of your pizza too!
ReplyDeleteyour curry looks very good!
Yeah, did you make your own roti?? Yum.
ReplyDeletehave you got the recipe somewhere for this? It looks truly mouth-watering, I have the whole chicken to go through this week so I'm thinking of doing chicken curry for one night. Thing is, except for Vietnamese curry and Thai curry I don't really know how to make any other types of curry. It would be nice if you can post the recipe up here. Cheers. :D
ReplyDeletehey, your chicken curry reminds me a lot of the kind I use to get in various school canteens.. slurp slurp.. i assume it's homemade?
ReplyDeleteYou are into spicy stuff recently eh? Balance with some "liang" stuff :)
ReplyDeleteuh oh, to all my dear readers, the roti prata is STORE-BOUGHT, and the curry(using Prima premix) is also not cooked from scratch!! :O
ReplyDeletepablopabla, you mean the roti prata or the curry? hee heee
ReplyDeletewandering chopsticks, I bought frozen ones! :O ...the ones(prata) made on-site in Sg, have to be tossed up and turned
around and around...and use lotsa of oil. I don't have the skills yet!
precious pea, this is not indian ler...more singaporean, i thought malaysian too?
ben, I just made a public announcement in one of the comments. :D
ReplyDeleteThe only thing DIY is the pairing combo (i.e to eat the curry with prata)....hohhohohohoh. Well, also I heat up those prata, and also cook the curry using curry premix.
ming merciless, yes...the more I read, the more I'm getting educated that S'porean call it prata, Malaysians call it
chanai/canai.
Curry and Prathat looks really yummy, got question for you, do you know of a good recipe for cakes? Any kind, I want to make a cake for my hubby's burfday.
ReplyDeletekeropok man, but roti prata too limp ler...I think it cannot support all the toppings! Sure pi jia!! But maybe can make into
ReplyDeletecalzone pizza hor? LOL!
Curry of course looks good lah, if not, how Prima make money??? LOL!
wokandspoon, hee hee...no, of course. First, I don't bake. Second, I can't make the pancake "fly in the air" to become prata! LOL!
ReplyDeletehedgehog, so sorry. I would have posted any recipe if I'm made it myself. But for this...it's another
quick-fix meal.
yums looks delicious even if it is store bought! :D
ReplyDeleteThr prata looks fluffy and yummy. You bought it in the states? There should be lots of Indian food and ingredients because there are many Indians living in US, rite?
ReplyDeleteshilpa, wah...your school canteen has chicken curry arh? my sch canteen only got cabbage+fishball curry...but it's still "drinkable"...yes, can drink the curry wan...coz quite diluted!
ReplyDeletesimcooks, the fish curry was rather mild, so is the chicken curry. But you're right...when the weather starts to warm up, might be too heaty hor?
They both looks equally good and the curry looks wickedly lemak! Do you actually know how to flip pratas and make them at home? Wow!
ReplyDeletebuddingcook, thks! You just made me feel less guilty :O
ReplyDeleteECL, no lah, if go to usual Asian grocery store, won't find many indian ingredients, unless head towards indian specialty grocery store. I never buy from indian grocery store before coz I need shilpa around to identify the ingredients. I only know THAT few. :O
ReplyDeleteSo, when is cricket being declared a national sport of Singapore?
Buahahahha....
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeletecool insider, you are indeed sharp, with those "detective" eyes. You're right! From the color of the curry, you know it's lemak! Yes yes!The color tells you if it's good or not-so-good curry, right?
ReplyDeleteI know how to flip the prata using the usual pan spatula (like doing my omelette)..hee heee. I can't dunno how to make them "fly in the air"...like a flying blanket. LOL!
that chicken curry has a very beautiful color to it...looks very, very yummy!
ReplyDeleteBummer..!! i thought you made it..!! *sob*.. i sure miss roti pratha man..!!
ReplyDeleteErr...prata and naan are from India isn't it?
ReplyDeletethe expedited writer, yes indeed. You can only judge a book by its cover, this time :p
ReplyDeletemamabok, soory lah! Don't have roti prata at your side ? Look out the frozen section, you might find the prata?
precious pea, i see i see...you referring to naan too? Ya lah, naan is definitely Indian; but prata? *need to investigate*
ReplyDeleteAccording to my Indian colleague, prata is from Indian meanwhile roti canai is mamak food (unheard of in India).
ReplyDeleteprecious pea, weird...the roti canai I've tried taste similar to prata. Just that canai tends to be thinner, lighter and more crispy. Hmmm....but you asked from the source, should be right. :D Thks!
ReplyDelete