Korean spicy seafood soba

While rice is typically served with Korean spicy tofu stew (soon du bu), the leftovers from here was used for this soba noodles. To the tofu broth stew base, some sliced brown crimini mushrooms, dried pink shrimps (anchovies) and broccoli florets were added, topped with nori and became my inspiration noodle for Leftover Tuesday.



Korean spicy soba noodles
Ingredients:
- Korean seafood stew base remaining from here
- 1 cup sliced crimini mushrooms
- 2 cups broccoli florets, blanched
- 1tbsp dried pink shrimps/anchovies (option)
- soba noodles

How to: Cook the soba noodles and set aside. To the stew-broth base, add the mushrooms, and anchovies. Simmer till mushrooms are cooked. Continue simmer for about 10 mins. Top the seafood broth over the noodles, serve with broccoli florets and garnish with nori.


KISS - Korean Inspired Spicy Soba (or Keep It Simple, Soba)

Soba, Soba
...I wanna KISS you and sing you a song

"Have I told you lately that I love you
Have I told you there's no one noo- else dle above you
Fill my heart with gladness
Take away all my sadness
Ease my troubles that's what you do"


This Rod Stewart classic, aptly describes my recent liking for soba noodles. :)

Other soba recipes:
Soba noodles with mushrooms in green onion-ginger dressing
Soba and meatballs in slow-cooked pork ribs gravy


Tag: , ,

23 comments:

  1. Looks delish! What a great way to reuse the leftover soup and the baby octopus look sooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe, I like your version of the song better! Nice soba noodle dish - I have trouble coming up with interesting ways to serve noodles and I'm getting bored with just plain ol' stir frying. You have some great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh baby, those noodles look DIVINE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for participating in LOT. I share your passion for soba, and this looks *delicious*.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the cute litle baby octopus.

    ReplyDelete
  6. When i used to live in NYC, soon du bu was my favourite winter food. Those noodles look really yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i always prefer soba to udon.
    i am sure the leftover soup must be so so so good, that's why it is not wasted and made into this dish.

    die, next time I hear that song, i will think of your soba! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Like keropok man, I also prefer soba. :)

    This week Korean theme ar?

    ReplyDelete
  9. hmm...you are making drool lah ... maybe I can cook this soba noodles with my tom yam paste :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. wahh..looks like a Korean "harmee" noodle soup, KISS style hehehe, slurp slurp :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like Rod Stewart and I like Korean Food. I got your KISS.

    Keep It Simple Soba:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. little corner of mine, the soba absorbed the soup flavor well..yumz.

    wokandspoon, hahaha...you should try some of these "soup" noodles. Stir frying is quite messy sometimes:(

    steamy, wooo....thks, baby ;p ..are you referring to the baby octopus or calling me baby ? *lol*

    culinarily curious, thks for hosting :) ...I only "converted" to soba recently.

    nate 2.0, seems that the octopus is a HIT!

    stay-at-home-mum, I love love soon dubu...on yes, it's a great winter warm-up! :D

    KM, hahaha....aiya...you can eat the soba and think of the song mah!

    ECL, hahahah.... 韩风

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mm I have a special place in my tummy for noodle dishes because I loooove noodles. This looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Leftovers have never looked better! Love the touch of nori.:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. the cooking ninja, I tell you...it'll be good - tom yam soba! I did my fried rice with TY paste before.Delish!

    MW, ya hor....The "har" in the noodles here are actually very small ~ anchovy-size. So this "harmee" will be a ripped-off. lol!

    jackson, aiyooo...i used pre-packed seasonings leh...I hardly cook korean food since I don't stock any korean ingredients. :p

    lee ping, *muakz*

    ReplyDelete
  16. amy, me too :D ...noodilicious!

    east meets west, just a few pieces of nori will make it taste so good :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. wah..I love the way you wrap the soba man..can just pop it in the mouth one time..coolio..

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks like a very light, Korean version of laksa... ;)

    And the Rod Stewart song is a good one! Not too mushy or sentimental but just nice... :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. jason, is this another way of saying ..."too little" ? ;P

    kenny, you are so imaginative - I never thought of laksa though I like laksa.

    ReplyDelete
  20. It seems you are a big soba noodles fan nowadays... the soup looks really red and spicy! Mmm...

    ReplyDelete
  21. windy, oh ye, they are my fav noodles these days.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Um,
    YUM!
    This looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete