Korean tofu stew, spicy seafood hotpot - quick-fix version

I did say "I'll be back" when I ate my korean tofu stew- soon du bu, and I'm really back with my own quick-fix. No test of skills since I used a pre-packed tofu broth seasoning (no preservatives, no MSG)-Pulmuone brand, to make my seafood tofu stew. If you are thinking of making your own broth, you might need some beef extract, clam extract, red pepper and mussel extract - these are the ingredients of the Pulmuone pack.

Do you like Korean tofu stew ? I like it the best in the colder months but having it in summer is a different satisfaction altogether.

The Pulmuone broth, made quite an authentic Korean tofu stew (soon du bu)

Quick-fix Korean Tofu Stew (serves 2-3)
Ingredients:
-1 pack Pulmuone brand Tofu broth seasoning
-1 pack extra-soft tofu
-seafood medley of prawns, clams, etc
-2 eggs

Method:
1. Follow instructions on the pack.
2. Add the tofu and seafood, according to sequence on the pack instructions
3. When the stew is simmering with bubbles, break 2 eggs into the stew and serve immediately
4. Wonderfully appetizing with rice

My seafood stew has lil' baby octopus in it


1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 tentacles

When it's summer, and when you savor something spicy, SHIOK! It's that sweating feeling ;) Of course, I still like my korean tofu stew in Korean Tofu House, along El Camino Real, Santa Clara, and will go back again even though I can get an instant-soon du bu-fix at home. Quick-fix can't beat the real-fix.

Also see Korean tofu stew being made home-style here and here.

Tag: , , , ,