Korean spicy seafood soba

While rice is typically served with Korean spicy tofu stew (soon du bu), the leftovers from here was used for this soba noodles. To the tofu broth stew base, some sliced brown crimini mushrooms, dried pink shrimps (anchovies) and broccoli florets were added, topped with nori and became my inspiration noodle for Leftover Tuesday.



Korean spicy soba noodles
Ingredients:
- Korean seafood stew base remaining from here
- 1 cup sliced crimini mushrooms
- 2 cups broccoli florets, blanched
- 1tbsp dried pink shrimps/anchovies (option)
- soba noodles

How to: Cook the soba noodles and set aside. To the stew-broth base, add the mushrooms, and anchovies. Simmer till mushrooms are cooked. Continue simmer for about 10 mins. Top the seafood broth over the noodles, serve with broccoli florets and garnish with nori.


KISS - Korean Inspired Spicy Soba (or Keep It Simple, Soba)

Soba, Soba
...I wanna KISS you and sing you a song

"Have I told you lately that I love you
Have I told you there's no one noo- else dle above you
Fill my heart with gladness
Take away all my sadness
Ease my troubles that's what you do"


This Rod Stewart classic, aptly describes my recent liking for soba noodles. :)

Other soba recipes:
Soba noodles with mushrooms in green onion-ginger dressing
Soba and meatballs in slow-cooked pork ribs gravy


Tag: , ,