Indian cauliflower and pea curry, with poached egg

Minus the cabbage and chickpeas, this curry has become even simpler - just cauliflower, peas and the same spices used here. I need to go on a diet (errrr.....?) though this may not be an actual diet meal (what is a diet meal anyway? I don't know). You see...I don't even go to the extent of finding out what food to eat and what to avoid in an event of a diet..so how can I ever go on a diet? This is too alien to me. I only know how to spell the word-D.I.E.T. To: WokandSpoon, who prepares her salad-meals so diligently, "I need to learn from you". Sshhhhhheee...tsk tsk...I'm just running out of what to write in this post, so I turned it into a diet-meal post. Boo hoo hoo (tigerfish is a cheat!). You see, Jaden - I don't have 42 drafts in my folder like you - though I may have wild incoherent thoughts (sometimes...always). There are just a lack of words in me recently (aka just too lazy to write). It's getting too hot to write. Sitting and sweating through my shirt in front of the PC. Have you ever stare blankly at your draft post for several minutes and wondering what to write?

Okie. This dish is sought of a repeat but I ate it differently, with a poached egg and so finding some silly excuse to call it a diet meal, and giving you a chance to call me lazy crazy. Just do you know what I am driving at, or rambling about?

Dry curry on a poached egg complements well in taste and flavor


Climbing up Mt. Everest may not be as tough as it seems


Would you see this only in Indian dining or NEVER EVER ?


The trio that got lost in the Yellow River


Reflections...or earthquake!!! and the buildings collapse!

So little food that I'm so hungry now (how can I ever go on a diet, I ask again). Going to spoon myself more curry ;) , and maybe cook myself some rice.

More indian food:
Egg masala
Cauliflower, cabbage and pea curry
Fish curry

Tag: , , , , ,

28 comments:

  1. wow, droolsome!
    come see my wine review to complement your food!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tigerfish! Love the sequence you made with the photos hahaha:)
    Your poached egg looks really successfully, makes me wanna dip a piece of bread in the yellow river;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your poached egg looks so perfect! How did you get it so round?! Mm the yellow river looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL. Didn't ur mother teach u not to play with ur food???

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love runny yolk! You made a beautiful poach egg. er.... this is number what attempt? hehehe......

    ReplyDelete
  6. Egg and vegetable curry - I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Delicious - love the combo of curry and egg!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You should just come over to my house, we'll jump in the pool to cool off....then you'll be able to write!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely, though I would prefer broccoli! :p

    ReplyDelete
  10. las montanas, woohooo...can I have a glass? This will make the jerk meat an luxury item :) ...but I think this curry goes better with a blanc ?

    valentina, the sequence of the "yok" being "poked"? hahhah!

    amy, maybe I was really lucky this time ;p BTW, I would usually crack the egg in a deep ladle and let the egg stay in the ladle while it's immersed in boiling water. Errrr...
    just like how some would cook eggs while having a chinese steamboat/hotpot. I think the egg then takes the shape of the ladle and does not "run" freely while it's poached :D

    lyrical lemongrass, nope...she din teach me NOT to play with food...hohoho. She did not even teach me how to cook!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh yeah, always have this dish in a Indian restaurant minus the poached egg. :P

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hehe - thanks for the link but I'm in diet hell right now. I just consumed half a packet of chocolate biscuits! hehe!

    I'd definitely call your pouched egg dish a diet dish and I definitely want to try it! It looks yum! Though, yeah, like with all my salad dishes, I'd probably be hungry 2 hours later!

    And is that all you ate? If so, you must have been really bad as it's a very very severe diet dish! Hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, I love the runny poached egg. My heart melts!

    ReplyDelete
  14. haha... ur description is so funny!! The best diet to go on is see-food diet!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  15. omg..this is so good....if dis was diet food..i b happy to go on a diet all my life!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yummy! Wish I would take my camera out more frequently. Love your photos!

    PS - you have been tagged. Pls refer to my blog for more details

    ReplyDelete
  17. ECL, if I could name it like WD40, this would be PE1 (poached egg 1)...yay! You know what is WD40 or not?

    cooking ninja, I like eggs in and with and on...almost anything! :D

    su-lin, the other curry and egg combo I like is in Japanese curry don. YUmmy!

    steamy, if I ever visit you at your house, I would head straight to your kitchen or dining table :D

    wmw, hmmm....but the indian curries usually use cauliflower in their masala leh....but again....can try with broccoli next time. I prefer broccoli in chinese cooking.

    ReplyDelete
  18. next time you should shape it like Taj Mahal! :P

    ReplyDelete
  19. must those overweight Indians really have to melt that defenceless innocent but still oozing eggy fella?

    ReplyDelete
  20. woah..love the way the egg breaks man..I love 'em eggs..but sigh..my health.. :(

    ReplyDelete
  21. nice dish minus the runny yolk!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I've never seen curry served this way -- I love it! Whenever I'm on a diet I have to cut out the rice, so this is perfect for me.

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a delicious way of having cauliflower!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Teczcape,
    You got tagged! Visit my blog for more info.

    ReplyDelete
  25. little corner of mine, hee heee...yup...I like indian vege curry (those always found in indian buffet).

    wokandspoon, who could resist Tim Tam? ;p ..i ate this for lunch and was damned hungry for dinner that I ate more :O

    nate 2.0, sometimes I would do runny poached egg in Japanese noodles or curry don. Nice :)

    blur mommy, hahah....see-food see-food, you're right! :D

    "joe", I call it diet food since I wanted to eat it..but it may not be scientifically diet-food after all :(

    stay at home mum, take out your camera lah! Thks for the tag...but give me time...I owe many many bloggers' meme :O

    ReplyDelete
  26. I've got the opposite problem. I've got about 60 photo sets to do posts on!!! No time!

    ReplyDelete
  27. RM, ya hor...slipped my mind...smart girl! :D

    team bsg, oh yes...must exert some pressure if not cannot perform and kena sacked by tow kay! LOL

    jason, you scared high cholestrol arh?

    jyothsna, oops! I know eggs are non-vegetarian. I ate with rice my 2nd round :p

    lydia, hahha...no-carb diet! I cannot live without carbo. :(

    patricia, just another variation to perk me up ;)

    little corner of mine, will go see look but give me some time. I got tagged twice in a row yesterday and to-date still owe other bloggers' their memes too ...oops! Thks for tagging anyway :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wandering chopsticks, tsk tsk, lazy to write is my excuse. If I had 25 hrs in a day(more time), I would not be that lazy. :O

    ReplyDelete