Yak, Buffalo, Cow and Pig - all the jerks!

This post is about JERKS!!! WARNING - If you find the following contents too provocative (of cursing and swearing), you can click the "Back" button on your browser NOW, or "Refresh"/ "Reload" to bring you back to your safe haven (is it?) aka "home"page.

The first JERK - Mr. Biv Jerkee. Too tough and hard...arrghhh...*grinding teeth*...arrghhhh. Hate it to the core. Not even goin' to let him show his "face" here, in my harmless blog.

In contrary, I love the second jerk - Mr. Bebe Que Perk (below). Mr. Bebe Que Perk is just so sweet - "sweetly" marinated in a typical of sweet and savory blend of BBQ and hoisin sauce; then char-grilled over charcoal (he's HOT!) to give that smoky perky flavor.

The recent jerk I've met is Mr. Yuckkity Yak. Oh, is there such thing as "this jerk is better than that jerk"...or rather "all jerks are the same - bad and detestable" ? Anyway, Mr. Mr. Yuckkity Yak is indeed better (taste and texture) than Mr. Biv Jerkee. And MOST importantly, they are not any tough meat (of just brawn, no brain). By the way, have you heard about Mr. Yak (I call him by his last name, out of seniority respect) ?

Such an interesting MEAT, just like the low-fat (beef) alternative of Trader Joes buffalo steak. Read from Mr. Yak (found in the first picture): "...This product is made of the meat of the yak, a unique treasure of the snow mountains and grasslands of the Qinghai-Tibetan Highlands. Pastured in the "Peak of the World", more than 3000m above sea level, the yak feeds on natural grass, including cordyceps and other medicinal herbs, and mineral spring water. The meat of the yak is more nutritious than ordinary beef....this is a well endowed low-fat and high energy food product..."

I did not curse all the jerks - am I mean or not, after all?

(Thanks, YJ - for giving me this lil' foodie goodie pack, so that I can taste all over the world!)

Tag: , ,

21 comments:

  1. Never met Mr Yak, but enjoy the company of Mr Biv Jerky (from vietnam - not too tough) and of course Mr Bebe Que Perk. He is the friendlies of the lot. A joy to be in the company of! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Tiger, You've just put me in the mood for some Bak kwa! I'm not a huge fan of dried meat and I think I would steer clear of Mr.Yak and Mr Biv. And I call myself a foodie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Yak Jerky doesn't look too appetizing to me...but how does it taste like? Does it takes like Beef Jerky?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yak jerky? That's so weird! I like the pork one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many jerks to choose from... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so attracted to jerks....

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Mr BBQ! I've never met Mr Yak but I presume he would taste good, though he doesn't look attractive. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I love the name Mr, Yuckkity Yak! LOL! Still prefer M'sia bak kwa anytime.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tried Mr Biv Jerky from Taiwan. He's one helluva tough guy and he nearly knocked my half-century-old set of teeth out!

    Mr Yuckkity Yak looks and sounds yucky. Must smell and taste yucky too. Wouldn't want him anywhere near me.

    As for Mr Bebe Que Perk, I wouldn't mind his wife Ms Perky come visiting me once every Chinese New Year. We always have a good time together.

    Hey, are you really "NOW in Singapore"? Need a guide? :P

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, the bak kwa is from when you were home in S'pore. I thought you had somehow smuggled some in to the US, or found a local maker! *tsk*

    ReplyDelete
  11. heh heh, that was a funny post. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Speaking of exotic meats, I've got some reindeer jerky in my fridge I've got to post about. Still eating sort-of alike. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. stay-at-home mum, I still like Mr BeBe Que Perk the most :p

    oh for the love of food, I'm always in the mood for Bak Kwa. Hahaha....I don't really like dried meat like Yak, and Biv and I call myself a foodie too! :O

    the expedited writer, it taste like those "Xin Dong Yang" Beef Jerky we can sometimes see in Asian stores.

    ReplyDelete
  14. wokandspoon, the Perk is the best Jerk! Hahah!

    east meets west kitchen, it's not hard to choose...choose the Perk.

    steamy, there must be one jerk you like best...which one? which one?

    ECL, hahha...Mr Yak...内在美???

    ReplyDelete
  15. little corner of mine, sama sama....bak kwa anytime too!

    victor, yuckitty yak is not too yucky! After I opened that small pack for consumption, I was actually quite "addicted" and Yak was gone in a few minutes...
    No, no, not in S'pore yet...still "fishing" in US :D

    nate 2.0, the bak kwa was my older photos (took it during Feb when I was back in Sg for CNY).

    nora b, glad I made you laugh, if you did. :D

    Wandering Chopsticks, so the 4th jerk-Mr Rein Dear is with you...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Tigerfish - My eyes are not playing tricks on me. I got proof that your blog said "Now In Singapore" here.

    ReplyDelete
  17. hahahha, Victor....I see I see, tt's where you have seen it...buahahahha!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh wow, yak, must have come from really far man! Looks really lean but tough, I imagine? I had a packet of the Vietnamese beef jerky thing that I forgot about and it got even drier than dry! So it's impossible to eat now and I had to chuck it out... :(

    ReplyDelete
  19. My favorite is definitely Mr BBQ Perk. The others are good for jaw exercising only :p

    ReplyDelete
  20. I rem my boss got us this dried beef jerky thingy from south africia..guess its an acquired taste and most of my colleagues didn't touch it..

    I was gnawing at it for a few days..lovely dried things..mmm..

    ReplyDelete
  21. shilpa, oh..I can imagine a drier than dry jerk! :O

    blur mommy, hahaha....how true ;p

    jason ho, guys have a tendency to like jerks ? LOL!

    ReplyDelete