Oyster Sauce Chicken Wings - restaurant style Chinese cuisine at home

Oyster Sauce Chicken Wings 蚝油鸡翅 - easy preparation, a few key techniques, and finally made so delectable that you will want to keep this for your entertaining plans, especially if you want to delight your guests with restaurant-style Chinese cuisine at home.

To enhance "value" to your dish and do what the chefs do - PRESENTATION!

Now, you will discover and undiscover how easy a dish Oyster Sauce Chicken can be.

Oyster Sauce Chicken Wings 蚝油鸡翅
Ingredients:
6 thawed chicken wings, lightly marinated in ~2tbsp rice wine + ~1tbsp soy sauce

Seasoning:
2tbsp oyster sauce + 1tsp brown sugar + 4-6 tbsp water

Directions:
1. Deep fry the chicken wings in hot oil (Note: according to some Chinese chefs, this will allow the chicken to easily have a "golden" coat when braised later in oyster sauce - gives a golden brown appearance, shiny look and not a sense of dull).
2. After deep frying, set aside to drain excess oil in kitchen paper towels
3. Pour away excess oil from wok with remaining of about 1tbsp(or less) oil
4. Add in the oyster sauce mix and hear the wok/pan sizzle
5. Add the chicken wings back in the wok/pan and space them well. Technique: Use a spoon to continuously spoon/drizzle the oyster sauce mix contained in the pan, over the chicken wings while simmering in oyster sauce mix in the pan. This will ensure the chicken wings are uniform in golden brown appearance.
6. Then allow the chicken wings to simmer low heat (pan covered) for a while till the sauce reduce further. There will be no gravy/sauce for this dish as intended to be.

I have no idea how...but the chicken wings were so tasty. You may have thought the final "surface braising" of chicken with the oyster sauce will just render the chicken to be tasty outside, tasteless inside but apparently, it is not. These are perfectly cooked, totally-flavor infused chicken wings!

鸡翅竟然有入味!

Finger-lickin' , tender, fall-off-the-bone chicken wings, how could you resist ? I can't.

Tag: , ,

19 comments:

  1. without fail you really know how to impress us with your dishes! Lovely and so divine, a wing can be turned into a wing of heavenly tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This look so tasty! I can eat a few at one go. I like how you make the wings look prettier by wrapping vegetables around it.

    I just had my dinner, but I think I'm still hungry after reading this post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Tigerfish, I think I have something similar but I cheat. I use that Lee Kum Kee chicken marinade that has the results look somewhat like yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Impressive home cook food la~
    U r such a good cook. Can pindah rumah to my house?

    ReplyDelete
  5. wah! your food presentation rocks! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome presentation!!

    I love oyster sauce chicken wings. Brings back wonderful childhood memories.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the presentation, and the simple glaze on the wings. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i knw u cant resist bcoz u got the plate infront of u!..but what m i going to do?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those chicken wings look so good! Nice presentation!! The soy, oyster sauce and brown sugar combo sounds simple and tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. looks tasty and nicely presented. :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the presentation!! I tend to avoid chicken wings these days but still crave for them from time to time! Will remember this one the next time i hv a craving!

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful presentation, am drolling to have it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. glistening chicken wings! *helps myself*
    yum yum....

    Can order Thai stuffed chicken wing? hehe...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic presentation - so creative - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow - these sound fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your presentation of an otherwise plain chicken wings. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This looks amazing! It sounds like a great combo. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very pretty!
    These are not something I have ever tried - but it sounds so easy... Accept for finding the oyster sayce...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks, guys and gals. You rock!

    ReplyDelete