Pasta Arrabiata with Grilled Jumbo Shrimps - sounds good?

How about Soba Arrabiata with Grilled Jumbo Shrimps? ... where the second batch of the chunky vegetable pasta sauce has gone into - I said there were many ways to use the sauce, and this is one of them.

Of course I am not looking for pasta texture in soba. For one can never get al-dente soba...

Soba Arrabiata with Grilled Jumbo Shrimps
Ingredients: soba, cooked according to instructions (or other pasta type you prefer); shrimps/prawns, lightly seasoned with salt, black pepper and dried oregano; and chunky vegetable pasta sauce

Directions:
1. Put the shrimps under the grill plates, remove when cooked
2. Heat up the pre-made pasta sauce in non-stick pan, add in red pepper chili flakes, then add in noodles mix well
3. Serve with grilled shrimps and a pinch more of dried oregano

"Shrimpy"...soba...arrabiata...(did I just use three magic words?)...abracadabra

If you like soba, you will be able to appreciate its texture, and explore them in different ways of cooking. A non-al-dente version of "pasta" with the use of soba and another soba culinary adventure that worked out perfect. And with that juicy grilled jumbo shrimps...it's mild spicy and a delicious tomato-ey noodle delight. If you are interested in the easy chunky vegetable pasta sauce, here is the recipe. Oh, and remember...Friday is Presto Pasta Night round-up. Mark it down for chow down!

Tag: , ,

21 comments:

  1. I was wondering the same thing... whether it should be al-dente when I was cooking it, but I decided I wanted it a little softer... is that right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness...
    This has made me so hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the look of the prawn makes my mouth water. What a lovely combi with soba.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea -- using the soba in this traditional type of dish! I always find soba a bit bland on its own; it needs a strong sauce, either hot or salty, to liven it up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The shrimps! great, you're making me hungry and I haven't had my breakfast yet :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yours looked like restaurant one...So Geng~ Very well presented =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my God! Look how BIG that prawn is!

    According to my Oxford Dict, a shrimp = like a prawn but smaller.

    That, is not smaller than a prawn, I swear!

    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That shrimp looks so good! You are making me drool and I just had breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, the shrimps really jumbo! Slurp!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like your posts about shrimp. :) They always look so tasty the way you prepare them. Wow, soba and arrabiata is a pretty cool combination!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yum ! Yum! Looks like everything you post turns out to be my favourite. I am quite a glut, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Soba noodles with arrabiata sauce and grilled shrimp sounds really good. Those shrimp do look nice and big.

    ReplyDelete
  13. i soooo want those jumbo shrimps...they are suchhh luxury items here...ok this justifies another splurge for me, doesnt it? kikiki...

    ReplyDelete
  14. well im pretty sure u can get soba al dente..just 2 minutes in hot boiling water does the trick..then again, i really eat al dente for anything..instant noodles as well..

    say no to soggy noodles!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love prawns, especially BIG ones!! you're making me hungry again :(

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks delish!! I prefer soba in Asian cuisine. Don't know about mixing soba with Italian. Hmmm!

    Asian fusian food?

    ReplyDelete
  17. so lovely as always, a prawn so well captured!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You can tell how sick I was if I missed this one!!!! Awesome and I did add it to this week's Presto Pasta Night Roundup.

    ReplyDelete
  19. great looking prawns!

    ReplyDelete
  20. These prawns look fantastic!!! Must have some soon

    ReplyDelete
  21. Cool recipe. I just found your blog while looking around for other shrimp recipes. I just recently posted a recipe for Caramel and Ginger Shrimp that I adapted from “The Spended Table” cookbook and posted it on my blog @ http://cookingquest.wordpress.com if you would like to come take a look. I love feedback and other cook's opinions for sure.

    Thanks and have a great one!

    Joe

    ReplyDelete