I turned smarter today!!! I left your blog to visit only AFTER my breakfast :P It's an agony seeing all ur yummy food pictures when I'm starving!! LOL Happy WW!!
the 1st time i tried this was in Vancouver BC with my cousin who's married to a taiwanese. never eaten that before but i liked it! definitely an acquired taste...
I hear Taiwanese and Hongkies love this dish.Like Msian dipped theirs in coffee!!Taiwanese and HKies think our yauh tiu dip in coffee is funny and unhear off!!
The Taiwanese have the salty type of soyabean milk as opposed to only sweetened or unsweetened types here in S'pore. I was not quite accustomed to the salty taste when I first tried it. Still prefer to have it with sugar added.
Yes, we only have the sweet ones here in Singapore. Didn't get a chance to try the salty version when I went taipei. But it sure goes well with the you tiao.
we love soybean milk! but we've never had it this way. :) last week, i used it instead of whole milk to make bread pudding. turned out nicely. ;) happy wednesday!
Omigosh... it's 10:05pm and I promised myself no more food after 8pm... but this looks so good. Feel like running out and buying all the different ingredients and making my own... *droools*
woah...guess I chose the wrong time to read your blog eh? Before breakfast..keke...
ReplyDeleteLooks very interesting--and very new to me! Thanks for this.
ReplyDeleteDoesn't look good to me, sorry!!
ReplyDeleteOurs is up as well at burntofferings and more at bernies fotoblog.
Have a great WW!!
wah I really like this!! =D
ReplyDeleteI turned smarter today!!! I left your blog to visit only AFTER my breakfast :P It's an agony seeing all ur yummy food pictures when I'm starving!! LOL
ReplyDeleteHappy WW!!
That is an interesting looking breakfast.
ReplyDeletehave not had you tiao with soy bean milk for ages!
ReplyDeleteyum :-p
ooo. I like that!! That would be perfect right now. Warm and toasty.. mmmm... I love it when it is fresh!
ReplyDeletehaven't tried that, but that looks yummy! :)
ReplyDeletethe 1st time i tried this was in Vancouver BC with my cousin who's married to a taiwanese. never eaten that before but i liked it! definitely an acquired taste...
ReplyDeleteI hear Taiwanese and Hongkies love this dish.Like Msian dipped theirs in coffee!!Taiwanese and HKies think our yauh tiu dip in coffee is funny and unhear off!!
ReplyDeleteThe Taiwanese have the salty type of soyabean milk as opposed to only sweetened or unsweetened types here in S'pore. I was not quite accustomed to the salty taste when I first tried it. Still prefer to have it with sugar added.
ReplyDeleteOh yes, and they have 燒餅 shao bing too.
Yes, we only have the sweet ones here in Singapore. Didn't get a chance to try the salty version when I went taipei. But it sure goes well with the you tiao.
ReplyDeleteohh goshhh, want some please...
ReplyDeleteanyway, we call tung tsai as tong chai
Haha...I dip my "you tiao" in coffee too. Have yet to try it with soy bean milk but very interested to try.
ReplyDeletewe love soybean milk! but we've never had it this way. :) last week, i used it instead of whole milk to make bread pudding. turned out nicely. ;) happy wednesday!
ReplyDeleteI'm not sure how that tastes like but if there's milk then it must be good. Heheh. I'm a big milk baby.
ReplyDeleteVERB
Makimeji
I haven't tried the salted version although I've been to Taiwan so many times.
ReplyDeleteLooks interesting to me -- would like to try it! I love soyamilk and other soya products, too :)
ReplyDeleteWhat an intriguing food?! does it taste good?
ReplyDeletedistorted building
Happy WW!
Omigosh... it's 10:05pm and I promised myself no more food after 8pm... but this looks so good. Feel like running out and buying all the different ingredients and making my own... *droools*
ReplyDeletei love things i can dip into liquid hehehe so this combo's perrrrfeccccttt
ReplyDeletethis is so healthy!
ReplyDelete