Singapore Chili Crabs - with Jumbo Prawns surprise


Singapore Chili Crabs Prawns


If you like spicy prawns that goes with steamed rice, you will also like Assam Pineapple Prawns - a tamarind-based spice-loaded seafood dish. OH no no, you just want Singapore Chili Crabs, nothing else but Singapore Chili Crabs. Okie...I give you a cheat-sheet to Singapore Chilli Crabs. Be good. OH no no...boo hoo hoo (me), you have pride and wants to cook your own Chili Crab from scratch - okie okie...hush hush...here's one from Uniquely Singapore, recipe from Violet Oon.

Just that for me, my own DIY...I like to steam my crabs because it is easy and retains one of the best natural flavor in crabs.

Just that for me, right now...I want to mop up all the gravy with what I've got! :P~~~

Tag: , ,

43 comments:

  1. looks yummy! I am hungry now.... perfect catch for WW! mine's up too hope you can drop by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks incredibly good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. *droolsssss*

    Chilli Crabs are such a classic... but them Jumbo Prawns can give them a run for their money --- better yet, have them both! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those chili prawns look so good!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hehe I love the way you write :D

    This looks so good, I can imagine myself licking up ALL the sauce, keke

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank goodness, I just took my dinner before visiting your site! :P
    I want chilli prawns and crabs please!! With mantous

    ReplyDelete
  7. Besides Chilli crabs, I like black pepper and cheesy crabs too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It sounds delicious and the picture is great (and oh, so inviting!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Suddenly, my breakfast of oatmeal looks sort of dull :D Happy WW!

    Tink *~*~*
    My Mobile Adventures *~*~*

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh my goodnesss ... serious drooling here! ;P
    that's so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i have heard and read about Singapore Chili Crabs, but never had the chance to taste them ... looking at this shot, now I am longing to try them real soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Give me some fried mantou now so that I can mop off all the sauce off the screen. Haha..

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the recipe link. Fresh crabs are very expensive where I am but I guess I could afford some tiger prawns to use with this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That does look yummy.
    I remember having Chili Crab when I was in Singapore a few years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am trying to expand on my rather limited cooking skills and this looks just the blog! Delicious..I'll be back for seconds.
    Chimera

    ReplyDelete
  16. i'm not proud at all...don't want to make my spicy prawns and chili crab from scratch. hee hee! i'm salivating. you always do this to me! ugh! :D

    WW: The Cause
    WW: The Effect

    ReplyDelete
  17. OH WOW!! I WANT some!!!!! Serious! Especially with man tou to mop up all the gravy.

    ReplyDelete
  18. yummy yummy.......
    I enjoy until I lick my fingers.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hmm, I'd definitely like to try those prawns. The sauce looks amazing. drooling...

    ReplyDelete
  20. Interesting ... cook it with prawns eh?

    I love the Chili Crabs paste but I guess it is a bit too hard to DIY ya?

    At least for me :)

    I like to steam my live crabs too. Anyway, that's how we eat crabs in HK. Either that or stir fry with ginger and spring onions.

    ReplyDelete
  21. wow, now i 'm really starving. i been looking for chili crab recipe.Can i steal it?
    Happy WW.

    ReplyDelete
  22. My favourite dish!! Can I have some,pleaseeeeee??.It's this spicy shrimp sauce the same like spicy crang with egg flower?.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love love love chili crabs -- and how cool is it to make that with prawns? You know I'll be trying this very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Looks so fingers licking good! Great substitute for crabs, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  25. so is it chilli prawns or chilli crabs sauce with prawns? hahah..

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love prawns! Those in your picture remind me of the prawns curry at a Padang restaurant back home. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  27. i wanna mop all the sauce indeed..you wont have to wash your dish ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  28. Can I have this to go please?? Mmmmmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  29. this is perfect for the cool weather here in Sydney! :) it looks so delish!

    happy weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. This looks and sounds delicious! I love tamarind but don't use it nearly enough.

    ReplyDelete
  31. that looks absolutely decadent! Sauce looks perfect, I'm already hungry for dinner and havnt had brkfast yet!

    Nice blog + photos too!

    ReplyDelete
  32. i love yr food photography.. the taste i suppose will have to taste it for myself kekeke..but it sure looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Crab or king prawn... I'll take whichever I can get! And I must get hold of that Prima Taste chilli crab mix... I hear their Hainanese chicken rice mix is excellent too.

    ReplyDelete
  34. ooh, yummy!! So this is the Prima Taste chili crab sauce? I will remember to buy it next time.

    ReplyDelete
  35. my hubby absolutely loves singapore chilli crabs. everytime i buy crabs hes wants to have it this style.
    your dish looks like just the thing he would love to have :P
    pls send some over ... i'm feeling to lazy to cook

    ReplyDelete
  36. That looks really really good. I like the fact that the prawns has the back slit open for easy peeling. Otherwise, it would be too messy to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  37. These look incredible! Would be perfect for a rainy day like it is here in nyc today : )

    ReplyDelete
  38. Looks really yummy leh..!! now my maggi noodles donch seems so yummy no more.. :(

    ReplyDelete
  39. hmm my sis visiting has not ask to eat that yet!

    so many things to eat, so little time!

    ReplyDelete