Mushrooms Beef Pasta with Spicy Sauce - wonders of Asian curry powder


Tomatoes + onions + ground beef - the most basic of my homemade pasta meat sauce. For extra perks, I usually add mushrooms -white or brown crimini mushrooms. Or when I'm crazy, oyster mushrooms and swordbelt mushrooms. My meatless pasta sauce version has gotta be this chunky vegetable pasta sauce. I can't get bored with pasta, can I ? I've been having them almost once a week, at least, recently.

"Fusili with Mushrooms and Beef in a Lightly Spiced Sauce " sounds like a traffic throng in the tongue, but the ingredients and cooking are SIMPLE, really. Finished by a unique touch of spice - Asian curry powder. Now...that's even crazier than adding oyster and Japanese mushrooms into a pasta dish.


Fusili with Mushrooms and Beef in a Lightly Spiced Sauce
Ingredients: Ground beef; half a onion- sliced and chopped finely; assorted mushrooms; can of diced tomatoes; 2tsp curry powder (or more depending on how strong a curry flavor you want but note: do not use too much or it will become curry beef - as in with too much gravy); fusili, cooked according to instructions


Directions:
1. In lightly oiled pan, add in onions to saute and when slightly soften (half way to "translucence"), add in tomatoes, then ground beef and mushrooms. Will take about 3-5mins for things to "soften" a little (to be cooked)
2. Add ~2 tsp curry powder and mix well
3. Add some water/stock, allow it to simmer on low heat
4. Before serving, add in boiled/cooked pasta in the pan of sauce and mix well


Crazy but simple, isn't it? :D Not too fiery...just mildly spicy. Due to my recent travel, I've missed Presto Pasta Night for almost a month! I'm back, Ruth!

Tag: ,

21 comments:

  1. cool fusion dish, you goddess!! using curry powder for a pasta dish is awesome. i have to try this some time soon. maybe in fried pasta...woohoo..

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Curry + Pasta! Genius! Why didn't I think of it before! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i wud never thought of adding curry to my pasta sauce. brilliant! and it sounds easy too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is one simple pasta dish. I'm curious how come this dish doesn't need seasoning like salt?

    ReplyDelete
  5. my goodness, I like the look of the mushrooms on that one..and curry powder? u r a genius with ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love noodles, I love spice...this is good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great use of curry. I like the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all kinds of ground beef with pasta dishes, too. The curry powder is a nice touch -- I'll have to try that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Look delicious..actually it's look like Japanese Curry noodle..You must love mushroom very much!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hmmm...looks delicious. I especially love the mushroom on top of the dish.

    ReplyDelete
  11. looks so dry geh.... I prefer it with a little more garvy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love curry on my pasta!!! and those mushrooms they adorn this dish with such beauty and grace! i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey, What's that white thing with the glass vase in the back?
    Haha I guess I notice a lot of little things besides your wonderful pasta
    !

    ReplyDelete
  14. That looks good. I like the sound of using the curry powder in it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. i love pasta and mushrooms and curry.
    Never thought of this...
    Hmm... wll try to cook some of this one day... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. this waesome, awesome, oh makes me want to cook some! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  17. i love mushrooms on everything, too! yumyum!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. that just looks MmMmM! :))

    ReplyDelete
  19. i haven't tried curry pasta. but it sure looks good!

    Strawberrygurl: WS 15 Doors
    Marikit: WS 5 Death of my Keyboard

    Hope you drop by. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  20. hee, what's asian curry powder?? Is it the same kind of indian spice that's sold in SG? it's a great idea to use curry powder for a fusion pasta dish, very creative ;)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my! I'm salivating over this pasta...Brain no longer connects to my hands except for eating :D

    ReplyDelete