Spicy Shrimp Prawn Pasta - using Singapore Chili Crab gravy premix

Most of you visually devoured the crab “crab” gravy, just like I do. With the remaining gravy, it became pasta sauce for the following day. Singapore Chili Crab's gravy is really good with spaghetti(or pasta)...not just with mantou -馒头 or Chinese steamed buns.


I will mop and lick the gravy till the last drop
I will mop up the gravy with whatever I have got

I had a bakery-style cheese breadroll/bun and had to use it to "sponge" up. It is a lot of carbo - pasta PLUS bread...but I could not help it.

Spicy Prawn Spaghetti (Singapore Chili Crab style)
Ingredients: Shrimps; 1egg, whisked; some minced garlic; 1tbsp vegetable oil; 1pack Prima chilli crab paste/premix(includes 1pkt paste, 1pkt premix, 1pkt extra hot chilli mix); pasta cooked according to instructions

Directions:
1.Lightly oil pan on medium heat
2.Fry the garlic till fragrant, then add in shrimps
3.When shrimps start to turn pink, set aside
4.In the same pan, heat up some oil and mix with chilli crab paste, stir for 1min medium heat
5.Add in shrimp stir well, coating shrimp with paste, fry for 1min
6.Add in some water, and sprinkle desired amount of hot chilli mix over entire mixture
7.Stir crab premix into water, mix well into crab and stir gravy evenly
8.Pour in beaten eggs, stir 20secs
9.Before serving, stir in cooked pasta and allow it to mix well and soak up the sauce....
(Note: Detailed instructions are provided with the paste/premix)

I'm having this carbo combo at Presto Pasta Night with Ruth. I know with this and all the great noodle dishes served there, I'm going to explode sooner or later :P

Other recipes:
Tamarind Shrimps
Pasta Arrabiata with Grilled Jumbo Shirmps

Wordless Wednesday
Tag:
,

24 comments:

  1. It does look awesome...just the kind of dish my daughter loves to lick right off the plate.

    Thanks for sharing with Presto Pasta Nights.

    Hopefully I can find some chil crab paste at one of the three Asian stores in town.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, I'm all about carbs so I'd happily take a big bite of this dish! Looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love chilli crab but it is such mess to eat and almost not worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll gladly help u mop up every last drop too, haha :D I wanna try out this Prima paste!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that looks mouth watering! hehe :D very flavorful looking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. um, I really did consider licking the screen. That looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my goodness...I'll have to try this...the crab chili paste sounds wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pasta in chilli crab sauce! That I got to try!

    Please vote for me in Singapore's Most Entertaining Blog!

    And my son Jaymes who needs a little confidence booster. It's already an achievement for him to be in the top 10 finalists. For someone whom teachers labelled as STUPID in school, I'm proud of him.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your little chant:

    "I will mop and lick the gravy till the last drop
    I will mop up the gravy with whatever I have got"


    Will remember it and keep it handy, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now I have to go look for that chili crab paste mix at my local Asian grocery. Hope they have it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. wah!!! good idea leh!! I must try this out soon :P
    Think the pepper crab one might be good as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my, that looks good. If someone peels the shell away for me, that would be awesome! Ha ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks soooo delicious! I didn't know the gravy is good with spaghetti too! Now I know of another way to serve this gravy. Guess what? I'm going to serve Ruth the Prima mee siam tomorrow. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  14. il pass the spaghetti but il have 2nd of the crab please. ;) crab with egg is just sooooo good arent they? i like eating them w rice but when im at a restaurant, il settle for toast.

    iv got to make some soon too! the picture is driving me crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  15. tigerfish, are you loading up on carbs? hee hee. i love this recipe. i'm adding the crab paste/premix to my grocery list when i go to the asian store.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This looks wonderful. Oh, you make me hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  17. How come I never thought about using crab/shrimp gravy for pasta sauce!?!
    I feel like I can smell this delicious dish across the ocean here!

    ReplyDelete
  18. you're making me hungry (again! i just had a late breakfast ... lol). :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. that looks positively yummy!!!!
    thanks for sharing the recipe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. this is awesome! the prawn look so huuge and somemore with awesome sauce! will even lick my fingers clean!

    ReplyDelete
  21. That looks absolutely delicious. Shrimp and pasta is a great combination.

    Thank you for visiting my other blog.

    ReplyDelete
  22. i agree. it looks finger lickin' good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hey - great idea combining east and west in a dish!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I don't know why I keep missing your emails, but fortunately someone else caught it. These shrimpl oolk awesome and now I'll add it to this week's Presto Pasta Night.

    ReplyDelete