Famous bento lunch, Alisan Taiwan



Enough of bentos and convenience food? Hang on there. This is perhaps the last "bento" I'm featuring.

A famous bento known as 奮起湖便當 (FengQiHu Bian Tang or FengQiHu Bento).

Feng Qi Hu
locates a train station near Alisan,Taiwan. The story goes that...when the the lumber business was in its heyday, a box lunch seller got on a train at Feng Qi Hu station (奮起湖站 ) where everybody rushed to buy a box lunch. Local box lunches (also known as bento) were sold to passengers on the rail line. FengQi Lake (奮起湖) became a tourist attraction in Alisan.

Tag: ,

32 comments:

  1. The box is really nice. The pork chop looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *faint*
    Looks better than some restaurant bento sets!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that pork chop looks huge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh oh..we were there!! we were there!! My boo and I took the train up to Alishan and had about a 5min break at the station. She quickly rushed to the toilet before picking up the bento box but unfortunately we somehow lost each other momentarily. Next thing we know, we had to head back to the train without the bento boxes and she was sulking all the way up.

    So on our return journey, we took the private bus and had some time at the same station again. We headed to the stall and ate heartily. Thank God she forgave me..heheh..

    ReplyDelete
  5. This bento just looks so filling. That pork chop would be enough for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy..!! looks like something i would eat alot.. if i was in taiwan.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh... you have a pork chop, braised chicken drumstick, rice and assorted pickled vegetables... Please don't say this is your last bento! Say it ain't so! :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. gimme that chicken leg hehehe gnaw gnaw gnaw!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks yummy -I can take all those stuff (that's pork right? and some pineapple. I hope I'm right.lol.) but I would skip the chicken.

    Thanks for the visit. We just checked out from the hosp and I autoposted entries in my blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks very satisfying! What a gret box, too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. nice presentation and i like the box.

    ReplyDelete
  12. cool bento box! and yummy food!so do you get to bring home the box:) hehe

    ReplyDelete
  13. The pork chop looks so moist. Did you get to keep the wooden box too?

    ReplyDelete
  14. this is like the ultimate bento!! wow. i hoping to visit taiwan in sept. can't wait! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. the whole packaging looks so interesting, and the food looks yummy~licious!! :)

    Happy WS!

    Jean Chia

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow i feel hungry and wanting to eat...Have a nice day. Mine is up.

    ReplyDelete
  17. hmm.. delicious pentang i miss that in taiwan.

    Our Journey
    and
    Just Another Day

    ReplyDelete
  18. this also makes me hungry

    My WS Entry is here

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'll certainly get it if I'm there. Looks yummy. *drool*

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is my sort of bento. Look at the amount of meat!

    ReplyDelete
  21. that is a nice bento box to give away!! keep for me the box when you finish your lunch!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. nice packaging, and nice food inside too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  23. That looks pretty good. I was wondering if I might feature it on the Cassandra Crossing.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Looks like a a good healthy meal. I like how it comes in such a nice box.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I remember an old song that used to play on the radio when I was a little kid called, Alisan te ku niang (Alisan Girl). ;-)

    Is that a soy sauce chicken leg next to the pork chop? Looks like a hearty meal.

    ReplyDelete
  26. OK Tigerfish. Time now is close to midnight and looking at the photos ...

    ... I feel really hungry now!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I miss the bento box that you get in Taiwan. Very cute and full of surprises.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Om nom nom nom nom!

    ReplyDelete