Ice Dumplings - savory meat dumplings cannot beat this!


POINTED

If you read Chinese, the words on the packaging means Ice Dumplings (冰 粽, Bing Zong). While 粽子~ Zong Zi is a symbolic food or snack seen during the Chinese Dumpling Festival or Dragon Boat Festival, I was more fascinated when I saw these...Ice Dumplings. First, the packaging attracted me. I had to buy it. Second, what's inside. Mochi made in the shape of a triangular dumpling.

Best served when chilled, thus the name Ice Dumplings


The filings of the dumplings - red beans and a lil' cream

These are one of the best dessert sweet dumplings (粽子 Zong Zi) I've had. They are quite common in Taiwan during Duanwu Dragon Boat Festival. So I reckon Ice Dumplings are seasonal. But of course, mochi is not seasonal.

FYI, 85C is the name of the cafe where I bought this dessert.

Tag: , ,

31 comments:

  1. There's an 85 Degrees C tea house in San Gabriel too. But it's not the same as the Taiwanese chain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My, my, these are the niftiest new (sorta) food I've seen yet. And cool packaging design. We need these in KL but fast! :D

    Thanks for sharing, dear, as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh.. they should bring this into Singapore! they look good!

    Ey, tigerfish, you export it to Sg lah... the more i look at it, the more i want to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wah!! liddat also can! mochi repackage! hehe....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never seen these. They are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So CUTE! I love the packaging as well as the name. Red bean and creme as filling, YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love mochi! That looks delicious! They don't sell very many "interesting" Asian desserts here, I guess due to import hassles, but something like this I imagine would be easy to import!
    Ah I wish they would~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, you can trust Taiwanese to think of all the bizarre kind of food eh?

    ReplyDelete
  9. i would love to have that stocked in my freezer anytime! how ingenious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How interesting! I love learning about other places, so this was a real treat!

    I did Photo Hunt today, too! Come see mine and put your link up. :)
    http://newyorktraveler.net/photo-hunters-pointed/

    ReplyDelete
  11. looks so yummy... Great entry for today's theme... Mine's up too hope you can drop by,,, Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The packaging would have attracted me too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm now hungry!!! Got any more to share?

    Mine's posted

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mmmm...I'll have some. :)

    They look scrumptious.
    Great shot.

    ReplyDelete
  15. They look delicious. I love the boxes!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can almost taste them. What a treat!

    ReplyDelete
  17. 85度C耶!!!
    I wish I could try one...hmmmmm....

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ok, now I want to try one. Never even heard of that before. Very creative idea for the theme. Great shots. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Unique idea for the theme today and they look delicious! :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. my my, that looks yummy!
    happy weekend =)

    ReplyDelete
  21. It looks very sweet! Great choice for the week!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I think I would still prefer our big old bak chang. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  23. LOL!!! Mochi flavor zong zi!!!
    Very innovative leh of the Taiwanese :P

    ReplyDelete
  24. the packaging is co cute..never see it yet.I only try mochi ,must try this once I see it here ..

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love dumplings but I don't think I've tried that one before. I love the cute packaging.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Omgz! First time see got such thing...! Wonder how's the taste likes....

    ReplyDelete
  27. sooo creative. The packaging is pretty ^^

    ReplyDelete
  28. Looks like a nice cold dessert! Why don't sg vendors bring some of these here? Argh..

    ReplyDelete
  29. Never seen them before! Looks good if you like mochi, which unfortunately I'm not a big fan of, heh :) I think I would still prefer the traditional meat dumplings.

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is really good blog..


    Thanks for sharing...
    ___________________
    Andrew
    Lock in your price today for Your favorite channels - and keep it there until 2010!

    ReplyDelete