Spicy Chili Sambal Eggs



In celebration of World Egg Day, I'm letting these eggs roll to Abby of Eat the Right Stuff.

These Sambal Chili Eggs are spicilicious - definitely good with steamed rice or up the stakes... ...with... ... how about Nasi Lemak ?



Spicy Chili Eggs/Sambal Chili Eggs
Ingredients:
Eggs - to be hard-boiled; 1-2 medium onions, sambal chili (I used bottled sambal chili - in California, they are available in Asian supermarkets such as Ranch 99); sugar

Directions:
In a lightly oiled pan, fry the sambal chili to exude aroma. Add in onions and saute till onions are caramelized. Add in some sugar if mixture is too salty. Top the sambal chili onions over the eggs.

Heavenly...


If you want to make sambal from scratch, take it from these ladies at BeachLover Kitchen and A Series of Kitchen Experiments.


Tag: ,

29 comments:

  1. eh, so when will I ever be able to taste your cooking arh? :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, I love sambal on eggs!! yummy.. LOVE spicy sambal

    ReplyDelete
  3. Got "World Egg Day" huh? What other food related days do we have? ;p

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spicy... that's good for Wordless! Happy WW! Hope you can stop by at my corner for my WW entry too...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just got your comment. Yes lah, I don't eat red meat ones, but still can cook, just eat the sauce and hubby eat the meat lo. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, i'm loving the idea of this! thanks for celebrating world egg day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never seen this b4... so creative! ^o^ at first glance I thought the toppings were szechuan veg, hehe

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a refreshing take on hard boiled eggs! Normally, they're swimming in sambal sauce!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That sure does look delicious! I love hard-boiled eggs. Must try!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG how did I not know it was world egg day? Maybe I did because I made oyakodonburi....
    I just wanted to invite you to join us again this year for the Sustainable Seafood blog event!
    I'll try to email you separately but we've got some stars joining this year, all that's missing is you!

    Jacqueline Church
    The Leather District Gourmet

    ReplyDelete
  11. you always know how to tickle my taste bud! how dare you! lol! I wonder what next . . . . . evil you lol!
    lovely creations and so well captured as always!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an idea!~ And the presentation...reminds me of hotel:)
    It's the 'in' thing to put them on porcelain spoons yea...hehe;)
    Great job..as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is another simple dish to make, but it's flavorful and appetizing...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi -- Came here by way of the NYT article on rice cookers. Look forward to spending more time here.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow Tigerfish! You got a great blog here :D

    I love those eggs!!!!! Don't know if I could eat them... I'm not used to spicy/hot things... but I surely would love to try :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats on the mention in NY Times! Saw your name there about rice cooker and it got me extremely excited hehe!

    And these spicy chili sambal eggs kicks deviled eggs' ass, hands down!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh yeah, with some nasi lemak and also some of Rasa Malaysia's beef rendang...smeck smeck!

    I wonder how it would go with Thai son-in-law eggs?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi,
    when you say sambal chili's do you mean legit sambal chilis or a prepared sambal like sambal bajak?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats on NY Times article:
    http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/01/dining/01rice.html?pagewanted=1&_r=2&em

    ReplyDelete
  20. LOL - I love the look but have never heard of sambal chili! (or world egg day for that matter! That's why I love your blog!)

    ReplyDelete
  21. congrats on mention in NY Times!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hey I just noticed that you were quoted in the NY Times article. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  23. The problem with these eggs is you can't eat just one. Can't eat just two either!

    Congratulations on the article!

    ReplyDelete
  24. oh my!! you're famous!!congratulation!!Now we know your name*wink*. I love NYT article..Thanks for the link!xoxoxo:))

    ReplyDelete
  25. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Feeling like eating now itself..humm..

    Nice to see this really amazing blog..

    Thank you..
    ___________________
    Andrew
    Save OVER 50% for 3 months,Save $21/mo for an Entire Year!* on your Favorite Channels

    ReplyDelete