I usually don't care much for salad greens such as lettuce in terms of nutrient density.
Boy am I late! I should have tried arugula (also called rocket, or roquette) much earlier. Well, I mean I may have tried arugula before, in salad bowls; but never have I tried incorporating arugula as part of my meals.
It has a peppery, mustard kick with a slight bitterness. Younger leaves, known as baby arugula, are more tender and less pungent than the more mature greens.
Similar to Kale and Spinach, arugula provides a healthy range of carotenoids - beta carotene, lutein and zeaxanthin, with their roles as antioxidants, in the prevention of diseases such as cancer and muscular degeneration.
Oh boy oh boy am I late! But better late then never.
How do you usually eat your Arugula?
I am sharing Arugula at Weekend Herb Blogging #285 - May 23rd to May 29, hosted by Graziana of Erbe in Cucina (Cooking with Herbs)
Tag: arugula, salad
An Escape to Food on Facebook
No comments:
Post a Comment