I like to incorporate plain-looking nori sheets in bite-size, roll-like snacks, such as these juicy
This is definitely a quick and easy party food/snack to prepare. Why not try this for the Easter Party at Lucullian Delights ? You can buy them (the shrimps) in batches and cook (deep fry) them in batches. Then serve them in batches to the batches (your guests, I mean). And who says deep-fried food is all evil (see *Tips) ?
Deep Fried Nori Shrimps/Prawns
Ingredients: Thawed shrimps (seasoned lightly with some white pepper), potato flour, nori
Directions: Coat, then deep fry.
For this time, I opted for the [
But who says it's not a perfect party snack? It's much lighter (healthier) than those with layers of heavy deep-fried crust. It's not oily (picture above tells you all). You get to taste shrimp at an instant and not seaching for it in the midst of crust layers.
It's the shrimp, only the shrimp and nothing but the shrimp. Enjoy.
*Tips:
1. When you deep fry, do not use "re-used" oil or oil that has been kept from previous cooking
2. Make sure the oil is hot (170degC) so that the item you fry will not absorb the oil
3. Just do a light coat of flour
4. Set aside fried items on kitchen paper towel after frying, to absorb any excess oil
P.S As for the "squares" beneath, another post another day? :P
Tag: nori, seaweed, shrimps, snacks, party food
this kind of fried crispy crunchy fishy frieds we love right after an 8 course dinner , at the bar counter with some chatty ( esp big ) women
ReplyDeletewow
one of my favorite finger food :)
ReplyDeletethose nori shrimps are inviting!
ReplyDeletegotta get out of here, I'm salivating *lol* (shrimps my favorite)
Oh dear ... looks so professional. One thing I definitely cannot do is to deep fry stuff. I always get the temperature wrong and burn things :(
ReplyDeleteLooks Yummy! And are those shrimp toasts underneath?
ReplyDeleteoh... gosh...i am so loving this!!
ReplyDeletemmm...this looks good and easy to do. :)
ReplyDeleteI have been avoiding frying foods lately - which is too bad because I really love it. This my break me out of my rut. They look lovely - and such a great way to make shrimp.
ReplyDeleteThe little bundles look good, too ;-))
anything deep-fried, shrimp or nori gets my thumbs up!
ReplyDeletewell yum - as a matter of fact, i *do* like tempura fried shrimp! these sound really good.
ReplyDeleteThose look good. Trying to deep fry shrimp is definitely on my to try list.
ReplyDeletehaha using seaweed to make it look and feel healthier isit? nvrmind..bring it on! anything for prawns..
ReplyDeletethese would be great with some cold sapporo
ReplyDeleteI can eat this my the dozens! Looks amazing!
ReplyDeleteThese prawns look sooooooooooo goooooood Tiger! You are Amazing.
ReplyDeleteSounds and looks yummy. I love fried battered shrimp, as opposed to fried shrimp with the shells on.
ReplyDeleteLook so good... can't wait to try this out but I have to stay away from fried food for a while :)
ReplyDeleteSounds so simple and delicious! Definitely worth a try!
ReplyDeletethis shrimps look so cute and cool! wanna bite?
ReplyDeleteSo bad...I love the look of those beauties but can't get to eat them! :o(
ReplyDeleteThanks for your HotM entry! I'd love to be served these at a party!
ReplyDeleteMouthwatering. I want to try them all. Where do you find time to make all these? Lift my hat off to you!
ReplyDeleteYes, yes, more udang. I love the a similar dim sum item served here in Sam Woo, one of the most popular Chinese/Cantonese chains.
ReplyDeleteOoo I love this seafood. Did you use nori seaweed for sushi?
ReplyDeleteDeep fried prawns with nori.. sounds so good. Just like those japanese nori wrapped karrage!
ReplyDeleteLove deep fried food, but seldom do it because I don't know what to do with the oil after that.
That looks so yummy. I'm surprised that the flour sticks to the prawn without using egg. I made a similar thing but using chicken pieces before.
ReplyDeleteThese are yummy! I love shrimps. Thanks for sharing this recipe!
ReplyDeleteThese look delicious! Love the idea of wrapping shrimp with nori!
ReplyDeleteWonderful photo Tigerfish!
ReplyDelete