Rice set, bento, convenience food - I'm guilty



60NT per box (~USD2)

To those who may be familiar with the Japanese bentos, 便當 (pronounced Bian Dang) is the Taiwanese variations of Chinese take-outs literally meaning convenience-meal and quite similar to the Chinese take-out rice-plate in the United States. 便當饭盒 . The "contents" of the meal is somewhat similar to the economic rice/economy rice in Singapore...that is rice with meat+ vegetables.

Nicely compartmentalized


Meals in boxes

Similary, less than USD 8 bucks and free delivery! Here's my other bento.

Tag:

22 comments:

  1. Oh yes,bentos! :) Nice photos! Makes me hungry now..

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg....i am hungry now :D

    thanks drop at my ws post..

    Btw, I am running Travel to 7 continents. Feel free to join or not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks delicioussssssssss....

    Please visit me in here Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Their packaging for the bian tang looks better than the ones we get from hawker centers ... white boxes. Haven't makan already sian.

    The Taiwanese versions look so much more appetizing to me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I should be so lucky if anyone will deliver for 8 bucks!

    We bought some the other day for dinner and it was around 20 for two dishes. My daughter is partial to orange chicken.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything looks delicious. I also like ordering meals in bento boxes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love japanese bentous!! you normally have wide array of choices and they are as good as they look :-) when i was a student in japan I normally buy the cheapest one hahahaha but still it tasted good! your photos look so good!! yummy

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love boxed meals any time...and i've been lazy too these past few weeks hehehe

    i think more instant food will appear in my blog

    oppps

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh!! why I didn't have any bento box??.*sobbing*I see bento box in every blog.I should get it while I was in asia but forget!

    ReplyDelete
  10. sounds like a good deal, especially with the free delivery! hehe... sorry haven't been spamming your blog recently because I had been bz and my comp was down over the weekend ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Never knew there was such a thing as a Chinese bento -- what a great idea! A friend of mine received a candy bento (all filled with different kinds of sweets) at a party once, and I loved that idea, too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wouw...a complete dishes in a box.

    ReplyDelete
  14. all posts here makes me wanna eat...very tempting. they all look good.

    thanks the visit :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh I love the compartmentalized box that came with the rice. Looks so much nicer than the one given from the economy rice store in M'sia.

    ReplyDelete
  16. yummy bento!and overflowing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. makes me hungry now....:)

    My WS Entry is here, check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Bien Dong!!
    I've been craving for this for a while,
    My favorite combination will be stewed pork chops for main dish, tomato scrambled eggs, mapo tofu as side dishes!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I don't mind not cooking at all if we can get that kind of bento take-out here. I really miss eating that kind of food :(

    ReplyDelete
  20. I must have a bian dang when I take the trains in Taiwan! :)

    Some bian dangs are very delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Maybe it's cos I'm a "fan tong" (rice bin, literally) but I LOVE BENTOs! Everything in one package! Might explain why I'm eating out at Japanese restaurants more often of late... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  22. hubby and i love jap bentos! :)

    ReplyDelete